Monday, November 2, 2009

Thanksgiving

It is officially November, which means in my mind, it is officially the holiday season. It is now acceptable for me to listen to the Christmas music I've been listening to for a month now. Of course now that it is acceptable, I can't listen to it because someone stole my ipod which held all the Christmas music. Going to have to burn me some cds in the very near future.

Anyways, I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I tend to be verbally more thankful than any other time of the year. Why is that? We should be thankful all year, not just when their are colorful leaves, dumplings in the future, and a holiday that says we should give thanks. After all, God's word said to give thanks in all things.

I am incredibly thankful for my husband today. I'm always thankful for him, but I've just been extra thankful lately. If you remember, about four months ago we made a big decision to move to a new church. We have loved it there. The people are great. We found out recently that the pastor believes some things that we just cannot agree with. They are some very fundamental issues. It all came to an end yesterday. After service, Andrew met with the pastor, and now we are churchless again.

Andrew feels bad I think because he knows how much I've loved going to church there and being with the people. And I did, but I totally agree with Drew. We couldn't stay at the church. I respect Andrew even more for making the decision he made. I am so incredibly thankful that I have a husband who loves me enough to make those tough decisions. I'm thankful to have a husband who cares about my spiritual well-being.

I also thankful that I'm not the one in charge of leading our family. What a huge responsibility. Him having to make this decisions has really opened my eyes to that. I always pray for my husband, but this has made me see the importance and urgency of praying for him as the leader of our family.

I just want to give thanks to my God for blessing me with such a wonderful husband, friend, and leader.

As the holiday designated to giving thanks approaches, I wonder... What are you thankful for?

5 comments:

  1. Children who believe the Word of God completely - know what they believe and have the courage to stand, even if they must stand alone.
    A Heavenly Father Who is FAITHFUL, Who loves me and desires to talk to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got things worked out.... and I hope you find a new church asap! :) I know how hard it is to not have one.

    Also... what scrapbook stuff are you selling? Is it stuff you made? I'm so confused! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer... it is some scrapbooking supplies... trying to make some extra cash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry to hear that you are leaving your church. I am sure you will find one again soon that you just love. I too, am thankful that I am not the leader of our family. I dont know that I could handle the pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post gave me shivers! You really portray a Christian wife! I think our husbands take on more responsiblities that we really notice. I feel very blessed today to also have a godly husband! I'll keep you in our prayers as you look for a church that is right for you.

    ReplyDelete