Saturday, November 28, 2009

Our Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving has been different for me than any other. I really don't know how to describe it. I've just looked at everything in a different light this year. I'm tempted to say that I viewed it all in a more grown up perspective this year, but I'm not sure that's the best way to describe it. I don't know.

The events that took place Monday and Tuesday definitely played a role. I really don't want to get into the details, but I handled a situation with two "helpers" in a way that I've never in my life handled a situation. I told someone exactly how I felt. I wasn't nice and I wasn't worried about hurting feelings or upsetting someone. Well, I did hurt feelings and I did upset people. Because of the events, I feel like I've lost a friend.

Either way.... this has all been on my mind 24/7 since it happened. I can't seem to stop thinking about it, and it has been a downer.

Don't get me wrong... I haven't been bummed all week. I had a very nice Thanksgiving. It was just different for me in my thought process.

Wednesday night, we had dinner with Andrew's family. This wasn't good for my baby fever. There are lots of little ones running around and I can't help but dream of our little ones will be added to that mix. Dinner with the Weaver's is always a fun event. There are lots of them. :) And I must say that I love my in-laws. They are wonderful people. I didn't take any pictures that night, but Jill took one of the whole gang. Like I said... there are lots of Weavers. :)



Thursday, we drove up to spend the day with my family. Unfortunately, my Daddy had to work so I missed getting to see him.

With my family, the best part of Thanksgiving is my Mommom's chicken and dumplings. Oh my goodness, they are so yummy. I look forward to them every year. Andrew refuses to eat them. He likes dumplings, just refuses to eat them on Thanksgiving because we make such a big deal out of them. He can be stubborn sometimes.

My Momma's birthday happen to be on Thanksgiving this year so we celebrated that as well. I would tell you how old she is, but something tells me if I did, my Momma would remind me that I wasn't too big to spank. HA! It doesn't matter because I promise she doesn't look old at all.

Momma, I hope you had a most wonderful birthday. I love you bunches!!




I aways enjoying hanging out with my little brother too. He actually came down Thursday night and spent the night.

Friday morning my Momma, Mommom, Aunt Tammy, and cousins, Shawna, and Ginger came down to go shopping. We shopped ALL day. I was worn out when I finally got home. But I really enjoyed spending the day with them. Good company, good food, and a few good deals. Doesn't get any better than that.

And now I am half way through Saturday with a to do list that is still too long. My goals for the day are to get the tree up and all the Christmas decor out and the laundry finished. In the midst of all that, I plan to watch the Arkansas/LSU game. We are cheering for the hogs in this house and hoping to keep the Boot at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment