Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside


I am bad about not blogging about specific memories because I let too much time slip by. I don't want to do that anymore. If it is something I want to remember, I'm going to blog about it even if it didn't happen a month ago.

This post is about something that happened a week ago.

Last Tuesday I came home from school and started grading papers, while catching up on facebook. It seemed, according to facebook, that it was snowing everywhere but at my house. I had been craving breakfast for a few days so I text the husband and informed him that we were going to Cracker Barrel for dinner. What better way to spend a cold evening than by enjoying pancakes by their big fire place. We headed that way as soon as he got home from work.

Unfortunately it didn't go quite as planned. We didn't get to sit by the fireplace and all in all, it just wasn't the best experience. Oh well. We tried.

On the way to Cracker Barrel though, I may have whined mentioned to the husband that everyone except me was getting to experience the snow. He pointed out that it wouldn't stick and get me out of school. That wasn't my wish though, I just wanted to enjoy the snow. I love snow. It's beautiful.

To top of my cold evening I decided to enjoy a nice hot bubble bath with a good book when we got back home. Awww! Perfect ending to my day.

I soaked in my bubble bath for awhile and then almost instantly fell asleep once I was in bed. Isn't it amazing how relaxing a hot bath can be? I love it!

I felt like I had been asleep for several hours when the husband woke me up. He sweetly nudged me and said, "I thought you'd want to know it's snowing, babe." I wiped my sleepy eyes and climbed out of bed. Sure enough, big beautiful flakes were falling from the sky. It put a big smile on my face despite the fact that it was 12:30 in the morning. I took a few minutes to enjoy the snow and then went back to sleep.

I'm so glad he woke me up. It was a little think he knew would make me happy.

It was perfect. No ice. Gone by noon the next day with little mess. That's my kind of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment