Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Words to describe this Christmas seem to have left me. I've sat down a couple of times and tried to blog about the past few days, but I don't know where to start.

It has been one of the best Christmases I've ever had. The past few days have left me feeling extremely blessed and grateful. Andrew and I have been able to spend time with our families and make memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

We exchanged gifts with one another Friday evening because my husband was so excited to give me my new iPhone 4s. He just can't help himself when he thinks I'm really going to like something. And like it, I do! I was truly surprised.






I was also excited to give him his Keurig. He has drank countless cups of coffee since Friday night.



Saturday we spent time with my family. I think my favorite memory from Friday was sitting around the house Friday night reminiscing about the past. We laughed until we cried. My brother's girlfriend, Melissa, came over for a little gift exchange. It was nice to get to know her a little better and spend time with her. She seems to make my brother happy and for that I'm thankful.
My parents, the husband, my brother, and I exchanged gifts from one another Sunday morning. I have to say one of my favorite gifts this year was a DQ shirt from my brother. I love me some DQ!!



I had Andrew take my pic with this tray of yumminess. Ya'll I actually cooked this year. And what's even more amazing- people said it was good!! So proud of myself.


Sunday afternoon we headed to Osceola to spend Christmas night with Andrew's family. Andrew is the youngest of six and they were all there with their families for the night...the whole night. It was one big sleepover. Lots of fun. I was able to get some precious time with each of my nieces and nephews. That was extra special to me this Christmas. I played video games with the older boys, paper dolls with the little girls, and watched The Grinch with little J.L.

My favorite moment of this Christmas was being part of a huge surprise for Andrew's oldest brother Chris. The whole family went in and bought him a new iPad2. He was definitely surprised and blessed I think.





The dogs traveled with us everywhere we went. They stayed in garages across Arkansas. I'm pretty sure they were more than happy to be back at home.

We have one more Christmas celebration to attend before the year is over. I'm sure it will be just as special as the others.

God has given me a lot to be thankful for, more than I deserve.







And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.
Mark 10:16

1 comment:

  1. You have such a fun family! I can't wait until we are back on the same side of the world as our families! :-) SO glad you had a good Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete