Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fireworks & a Mini Vacay

Andrew was off work all last week.  It was nice having him home during the day even though we weren't home for most of the week.

He was able to play golf with his oldest brother on Monday.  They played a course that is played by professionals.  I am so thankful they had this time together.  I know they are too.

I had a workshop Monday and Tuesday.  That takes up my entire day.  I walked away with some great ideas and a couple of new friends.  I'll call that a success.

Wednesday we drove to Little Rock to attend a funeral.  A friend of ours lost his dad suddenly to a heart attack.  So sad.  I'm thankful we were able to be there for him.  As we were getting ready to leave, Andrew hugged him one more time and they exchanged I Love You's.

I'm so thankful to be married to a caring man who isn't afraid to cry or show his emotions.

I had a list of places I wanted to go while we were in Little Rock.  Target was pretty high on that list.  Oh how I miss Target.  Andrew kept asking why we were there.  I had no real purpose.  I just wanted to wonder around and look.

The rest of my stops were to purchase things for my classroom.  I have a list of projects I want to finish, but I'm limited to Wal-Mart.

Thursday we spent the day cleaning The Liberty Belle and getting ready for the next couple of days.   That night we along with some friends enjoyed a night on the lake.  We took the boat to the other side of the lake, grilled burgers, swam, and watched fireworks.  It was fun!  We parked beside some family and friends and swam over to say hi.









We took it easy Friday.  Lots of napping.  Friday evening we were back on the boat.  This time we didn't leave our slip.  We had a crew there.  I forgot my camera so no pictures. :(

We ate tacos and watched the fireworks again from our slip.  I think Andrew and I had more fun this night than the night before.

Saturday we dropped the dogs off at their vet and headed to St. Louis for a mini vacation.


It was another night of fireworks.  This time under the arch.  Very cool!




Between that nap and the fireworks we watched an air show and Counting Crows.

Concerts were the main attraction of this trip.  But Sunday Andrew took me to the St. Louis Outlet mall.  Score!!  I have been wanting some new clothes to wear to work and this was the perfect opportunity.  I got several great pieces that I LOVE and at a great price.

The main reason for the trip... John Mayer and Philip Phillips.



It was a GREAT show but OH MY!  It was H-O-T!  We just had to laugh at one point because we were both dripping with sweat and we were just sitting there.

Monday morning we woke up and drove home.  Andrew was hoping to work that afternoon.  Crazy man!  We came home and took a nap instead.

We enjoyed our week long vacation time with family and friends and a quick get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment