Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Modest is Hottest

When I was younger, I thought I needed to wear a two piece swimsuit.  Nevermind that I was incredibly uncomfortable in them.  They were what everyone was wearing.  They were what was hot.  They were what was sexy.  

Though some may be uncomfortable using the word, I believe every woman wants to be sexy.  We just have to learn to define sexy.  Sexy doesn't mean less fabric in your clothing.  It doesn't mean tighter clothing.  Let's leave some things to the imagination ladies.

I am a married woman.  I love my husband so much.  I want the intimacy that we share to be special and just between the two of us.  That is the way God designed it.  It's the best way.  

If I'm not dressing modestly - and that includes swimwear - then my body isn't something special just for my husband the way it should be.

Most of us wouldn't walk around on the beach in our bra and panties so why do we feel it is okay to walk around in a bikini.  They are essentially the same thing.

As I have gotten older, I have decided I don't care what everyone is wearing.  I don't care that I may be the only woman on the beach in a one piece.  

I want to be comfortable.  But more than that I want my life - wardrobe included - to honor God and my husband.  

Several years ago, I was introduced to Lime Ricki.  They have the cutest swimsuits that are all modest. After consulting Twitter, I did something I thought I would never do.  I ordered a swimsuit online without ever trying it on.  


It arrived very quickly.  Great service!  

I LOVE this swimsuit.  It is made very well.  It is cute.  I am comfortable wearing it.  I was concerned about the bottoms.  Because I was shopping the clearance section, the bottoms I wanted were not available in my size.  I went with some that I thought would be higher on my waist than I would like.  They aren't.  They are PERFECT.

I loved it so much I bought another one.


I wasn't a fan of this one when I first put it on.  That ruffle just wasn't doing it for me.  I wore it for the first time last month and once it is wet, it is much better.  It is now my favorite.  That ruffle part comes down completely over my bottom.  It reminds me of a 50's style swimsuit.  I LOVE it.

I ordered my third swimsuit from this site this year.  


I have bought all three of these from clearance.  Though they are well worth the money.

I've got my eye on a couple of the new styles for this season.  

If you are looking for a modest swimsuit, you definitely need to check out Lime Ricki.  They are not paying me to write this, nor have they asked me to.  I'm just really pleased with their product and wanted to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment