Thursday, October 9, 2008

In the mood...

Camping mood that is. :) Andrew and I have been saying since we got married, almost five years ago, that we wanted to camping. I'm not sure he has ever even been camping before. I used to go all of the time as a child. In fact, camping is one of my all time favorite childhood memories. I love sleeping in a tent, swimming, playing cards, and even fishing. But my favorite - the food. Hamburgers and scrambled eggs & bacon somehow taste a thousand times better at a campsite. Anyways - I have finally just told Andrew that we are going next weekend so he best be ready. I think it might actually happen. It has to happen!! Last night we built a fire in our outdoor fireplace. Andrew grilled burgers and we ate and had our Bible study around the fire. It was so nice. I loved it. I was just as giddy as I could be. I kept telling Drew that those were the best burgers I've ever had - seriously I wish I could give you one. They were so good. I absolutely love the way a fire smells. I wish I could put that smell in this blog. Go ahead and close your eyes and imagine it - you know you want to. I am so ready for next weekend. Last night just really got me in the mood for camping. I wish I could take you all with me so that you could enjoy it too. Anyways I have a few pics for you - some from last night and some from my past camping days. Enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love camping too! I agree with you--the food around a campfire tastes soooo good. Have fun! I hope Andrew enjoys it and will want to go many times again. :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I love to camp tho ive only been twice. Russell and I have been planin to go for the last year but he always finds a reason not to. Thats a city boy for ya lol. I hope yall have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love camping! But - my husband has never been and has no desire to go! So, we end up settling for a cabin instead of a tent. Still fun, but it really just isnt the same as sleeping on the cold ground with a big rock poking you right in the back!

    ReplyDelete