Monday, October 20, 2008

Mt. Nebo

I just realized that my camera is out in my car and I really don't want to get up and go get. So I will have to post some pics later but I thought I would go ahead and share about our camping experience this past weekend.

First let me just say that it was a lot of fun. I'm glad Andrew and I can now say we've been camping. :) Friday afternoon as we were loading our friend Slack's 4 runner things got a little out of hand. We had an insane amount of stuff for three people. The back of Slack's 4 runner was packed full and so was one side of the back seat. We left just enough room for her to sit back there. Andrew drove and I sat up front with Liberty & Liam.

We got to camp after dark. We sat up Sinclair & Amanda's tent (more friends that went with us) first. I laughed so hard. Their tent was tiny - just wait till you see the pics. I honestly thought they were going to sleep in two tents. After they set their tent up which only took like two minute because it was so small, the guys got a fire going and began grilling burgers. It was getting very cold very quickly so the fire was nice. We enjoyed our yummy burgers and dogs around the fire. Then we sat up our mansion of a tent. Andrew and I borrowed my little brother's tent which is a two room tent. We immediately decided that Sinclair and Amanda would sleep with us seeing as how their queen size air matress wouldn't fit in their tent and Slack would get the baby tent. By this time it was very dark and we were very tired so we headed to bed. To say that it was cold would be a very large understatement. We froze. My joints hurt because I was so cold. I couldn't get comfortable at all. It was incredibly windy outside. No one in the big tent slept well. We were too cold to be comfortable. Slack however slept quite well. Our big tent apparently blocked all the wind from her little tent.

Saturday morning we got up and had breakfast. Scrambled eggs and bacon - quite yummy. After breakfast we all went for a hike. It was absolutely beautiful. We basically hiked down the mountain and then back up. The dogs loved this. This was Liberty's second mountain to climb. She loves this sort of thing. She has so much energy and loves being in the lead. She is amazingly good at staying on the trail too. This was Liam's first hike and he did great. I only had to carry him up a few steep rocks. He probably could have done the whole thing, but he's my baby and I have to take good care of him. :)

After lunch, it was time for a nap while it was warm out. We all slept 2-3 hours. Then we got up for lunch, did a Wal-Mart run, and sat around the fire listening to the Razorback game. Thankfully I went to bed at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. I was very upset to wake up Sunday morning only to learn we lost 21-20 in the last two minutes of the game. Sigh!! By the way we all slept much better Saturday night. It was much warmer. Andrew and I had the best night's sleep we'd had in awhile.

We got up early Sunday morning, packed up, and headed back to NLR for church which was awesome as always.

So that is our camping trip in the short version. Got a couple of close calls with the dogs, but I'll save those for another post with pics.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had an action packed weekend! Camping is always fun when you have your friends with you. I cant wait to see pictures of your babies around the camp site! I cant believe you actually got any sleep. Usually I toss and turn all night, not resting at all when we camp. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the tent fiasco! Glad you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete