Thursday, October 22, 2009

An Adventurous Day

This has been one eventful Thursday. Jill went into the hospital on Tuesday. She was pre-eclamptic and the doctors decided that Miss A was better off outside of the womb than in it. After lots of drugs and hours of labor, they did a c-section at 1:00AM today. Miss A is stable in the Nicu. She will probably be there for 7 to 10 days, until she can eat and breathe on her own. The doctor said she was doing very well though. It is mainly because she came at 35 weeks. Jill's blood pressure is still high, but she is also doing very well. They are all just resting.

Andrew and were at the hospital until around 9:30 last night when we decided to come home and get some sleep. We got up around 5:30 this morning and headed to the hospital. At that point, we hadn't heard anything other than A was here by c-section. We weren't able to see her this morning since she is Nicu. We did get to visit with Jill.

Not long after we were there I started feeling very weak and dizzy. I sat on a stool, looked at Andrew and told him I was very dizzy. I reached for his arm and then fainted. I woke up lying on the floor with Alex standing over me. Gave them all a nice little scare this morning.

Andrew took me to the doctor at 8 when they opened. We didn't want to pay for ER. He said he was guessing that I am hypoglycemic. I have to fast one night next week for 12 hours and then go back in and let them run some test.

I feel much better now. I stayed home from school today, but went this evening for parent teacher conferences. They went very well.

I have tomorrow off and am very thankful. Definitely looking forward to a three day weekend. I think I need it to recover from such an eventful day.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Jill! I am glad all is well with Miss A! Lots of answered prayers there. :)

    I am glad to hear you are doing better after your fainting spell. That had to be a little scary!

    I hope you have a relaxing weekend after such an eventful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything turns out ok at the doctor next week.... let us know! And thank goodness for 3 day weekends, right!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - an eventful day is right! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete