Sunday, October 25, 2009

Scrapbooks

I love to scrapbook. I really believe it is a gift that is given to me from God. It is one of the few things that I actually am confident about. I guess I could be horrible and have the ugliest pages ever, but I enjoy it all the same.

Ever since I started scrapbooking, I have wanted to do it on the side as a little business. I had no idea how though.

I have recently (as in a few minutes ago) discovered that people sale personalized, custom ordered scrapbooks on etsy. So I know that this can be done. I don't know anything about etsy. I'm open to tips on it if anyone has any.

I was thinking I could create a blog of my little scrapbook business. I'm kind of thinking I could do a give-away. If you post about my business, you are entered to win a custom 8X8 album.

This of course is just me dreaming. Who knows if I even have time for this. It kind of makes me wish I didn't teach and could just scrapbook all day every day. :)

Anyways... any thoughts on this idea? Any advice?

Any suggestions on a name for this little business?

2 comments:

  1. You should SO become a Creative Memories consultant! All of the promotional supplies you need are already created and they customize album covers and spines for you too. Through my business, I not only "sell" products, I hold workshops, retreats, overnights and even scrapbook for ladies that dont have the time to do it themselves (all for a fee or course). It has been a huge blessing. I would never have been able to meet so many ladies and reach so many people that need help preserving their memories. If you decide to look into it, let me know. I would love to talk with you about it. It is an amazing business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally think you should open a little "business". I've only seen one of your scrapbooks but it was too cute! You definitely have a gift.... why not give people the opportunity to own one of your "gifts"? I started a new blog with my little projects on it. I don't have any tips because I'm still trying to figure this out. I hope you decide to do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete