Monday, October 5, 2009

Fruits

The husband left this morning to go back to Tennessee for the week. We all know how well I don't handle him being gone.

It is a rainy Monday.

I started off the day running late.

My students have been wild today.

I have a killer headache.

And a to do list that is a mile long to go with it.

Yet... I find myself in a good mood today. I find myself full of joy. I find myself being extremely patient with students. I find that I'm not bummed about the husband being away, although I do miss him already. :)

There can only be one explanation for my joy despite the list of negatives. That explanation is that God is alive and working in me right now. I've been trying to do my best and slowing down and just spending time with Him. Last night it hit me, the fruits of the spirit are showing up in my life as a result. I'm not trying to be patient on my own, yet I have patience. I'm not trying to be loving on my own, yet I have love for others.

It makes me want to spend even more time with Him.

"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!" Galations 5:22

No comments:

Post a Comment