Saturday, October 17, 2009

Baby Fever

I feel it coming on. I've been baby dreaming again lately. Before I go any further, Mom... don't get too excited!!

I know it is just because I feel like I'm constantly surrounded with pregnant women. I'm constantly going to or thinking of plans for a baby shower. There are cute little babies everywhere.

Right now my dreams are all about the fun stuff.... announcing the news of a pregnancy, picking out a name, planning a nursery, buying baby stuff, doing fun things with a baby like pumpkin patches.

I find myself dreaming of watching Andrew being a Daddy. Thinking about how excited our child will be when his or her daddy comes home every day from work.

I think about holidays with the baby.

I dream about watching my child fall in love with Christ and sharing Him with others.

See... all the fun stuff. When I think about the other stuff... like no sleep at night I'm not so sure I'm ready for that. :)

I think if Andrew said let's have a kid right now I would be all for it. I'm ready just not ready enough to be pushing him for a kid. Does that make sense?

Either way, he isn't ready. When I ask why, he says he just isn't ready. I understand that. I really do. I just don't know what will happen to make him be ready. What will the difference be?

Those of you who have children that you planned for... how did you know you were ready? Who was ready first you or your spouse?

I'm sure this feeling will pass. Or at least I guess it will. It always has before when I've gotten baby fever. But for now... I'm having fun dreaming.

4 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with dreaming and who can blame you...you ARE surrounded by lots of pregnant women & babies.

    Alex and I went through years of him being ready, but I wasn't....then I was ready, but he wasn't. And then the time came where we were both ready and it was so exciting, the fact that we could start trying to add to our family! There came a point where we both had peace about having children...we both knew it was time and we both were ready to put ourselves aside and focus on a little one. When we first married, we said 10 years and we will have children. After all we have been through, it was over 10 years before we got pregnant...but it was God's perfect time for us. I'm not saying that's what it is for everyone - but that's what it was for us.

    In the meantime, continue to dream...I remember doing that and it was so much fun. I had folders FULL of pictures of nurseries, clothes, everything you can imagine! :) You'll be a great Mommy when the days comes.

    Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was born ready LOL!!!! I dreamed of the day I would be a Mommy for a VERY LONG time but we wanted to finish college then I wanted to finish my Masters. Then we decided to build a house. You get the picture!!! We wanted everything to be perfect. Matt and I were married 4 years when we were "ready" but God's timing wasn't the same as ours and now we have been married 7+ years and Conner just turned one. You will know when you are ready and I will be excited to be a part of your school shower!!!!

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps it is not the reasons for being ready that need to be examined, but rather the reasons for NOT being ready. When those are identified, how do they stack up with what God says about children and family?
    This was the challenge the LORD issued to us over the past 3 years. And our minds and hearts are still being transformed by His truth in regard to children and family. Our reasons for not being "ready" were the result of nothing more than selfishness, fear, and hypocrisy. Once the Father brought us to the conviction of the blessing that He has always intended the family and children to be our whole world changed. It was no longer a question of being ready, but instead a matter of trusting Him.
    In His Love,
    Monte & Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through a blog of a blog...you know the story....anyway, I love this post. My husband and I got married when he was a little older and he was already working in his career for quite sometime. We said when we got married that we would wait at least 2 years before starting a family. I think I was ready from the beginning but SO glad that we didn't have a baby right away. We had our first baby 2 years and 3 months after we were married. I finally convinced him that it was time and it was good timing. She will be 3 next month and our newest is 7 months. I think it just feels right. I will tell you, it is hard. The sleepless nights...only last for awhile...it gets better until eventually you forget...I think that's why people have more than one!! =) It is amazing!! The best thing in the world but way harder than I ever expected! It's a different normal but so sweet! I love my girls! Visit my blog sometime!

    ReplyDelete