Tuesday, October 27, 2009

TobyMac & Fasting

I have several things I've been wanting to post about lately. Because of that you may see several post back to back from me. Try to keep up. :)

Saturday night Andrew and I went to a local event called City Fest. This is put on by Luis Palau. It was a Saturday and Sunday event packed with free things for families to do, BMX, Motocross, concerts, climbing walls, and a bunch of other fun things. One of the concerts was TobyMac. It was kind of funny. About a month ago, I was telling Andrew how I wanted to go to a TobyMac concert. I love his new song, City On Our Knees. I was really hoping that he would be at WinterJam again this year. A few days later I heard on the radio that TobyMac was going to be at City Fest. I had seen signs all over the place for City Fest, but hadn't thought much about it. Needless to say when I learned that TobyMac was indeed going to be in town and it was a free concert, I was very excited.

So Saturday night, Andrew and I bundled up and headed to see TobyMac. Yep, it was an outdoor concert. We got there in time to grab some food and then listen to Loius Palau. Let me just tell, that is one funny guy. He is so blunt and just tells you how it is.

After Louis, it was time for TobyMac. Oh my gosh!! What a fun concert! Andrew and I had never seen him in concert. It is very high energy. I have some pics that I will post later. We were jumping and dancing and singing the entire concert. We had to shed some bundles. His band just looks like they are having so much fun on stage. They were break dancing and playing with one another. I would strongly encourage you all to see go see him in concert if you ever have the opportunity.


Now.... I told you I passed out last week while visiting Jill at the hospital. I went to the doctor afterwards he told me to fast for 12 hours one night this week and come in the following morning for some test. I'm fast tonight and going in tomorrow morning. I found myself watching the clock from the second I got home. I kept thinking, I only have three hours, I have to eat. I don't think I've ever eaten so much in my life. Right now it is 8:20 and I want to eat. I'm not hungry. It is simply because I know I can't eat. This is going to be harder than I think.

More later!

Hope you are having a great week.


Love,
E

3 comments:

  1. oh gurl I know what you mean about the fasting thing. Before they induced me with davis I could not eat after 6 the night before It killed me lol. Lucky my new dr just said no food after midnight this time and Im so glad I hope all is well when u go to the Dr im prayin 4 ya. We miss u guys we should do dinner or something sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have heard tobymac is a great concert! cant wait to see the pics. i know what you mean about stuffing yourself bc you know you wont have food later. it stinks! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE TobyMac concerts!!! Monte has even had the privilege of Toby leaning on him during a song. We were working in youth ministry at the time, and the students that were with us found it very cool:)

    ReplyDelete