Sunday, November 20, 2011

Loss

Edited to add: Another teacher just told me she heard B was saved last month. This lets my heart rejoice for him. I'm so glad to know this about him.


I'm at a loss for words right now. I received news earlier tonight that one of my students was in a go cart accident at his home and was air lifted to the hospital. I immediately began to pray for him and his family.

Shortly after I received word that he didn't make it.

B was only in 7th grade. He was 12 years old, maybe 13. I can't remember right now. He was a short little guy. The class clown. He was the kind of kid who raised his hand and then claimed to have forgotten his question because he thought that was funny. His stuff could be found all over our hallway because he left it all over the place. In all honesty, he drove me crazy. But he also made me laugh daily.

I will never understand this side of Heaven why things like this happen. I may not understand when I get to Heaven. I don't know if B was saved. I never asked. I'm kicking myself for that right now.

I want to line every one of my students up tomorrow and ask if they are saved.

Tomorrow. It's not going to be an easy day. If you think about it, pray for me and the other teachers. Pray for our students. Pray for B's family.

2 comments:

  1. Words all seem lacking. Thank God we have the Holy Spirit to intercede for us when we are without words. Praying the Lord will comfort those mourning; that He will draw the family, teachers, and students near, revealing tto the lost that He is the Way, amd comforting believers because he is Sovereign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart hurts every time I think about it. I can't even imagine what his parents are feeling, but I'm so happy to know he's safe in the arms of Jesus right now!! Praying for his family, classmates, and teachers.

    ReplyDelete