Friday, March 22, 2013

March Madness

Sweet Sixteen.
Elite Eight.
Final Four.
Brackets.
Seed.
March Madness.



This time every year college basketball takes over my TV.   Though I don't mind it, I haven't really been into it since 1994 when the Arkansas Razorbacks won the championship.  And let's be honest, I was 11 then so I'm not sure how into it I really was.  I just knew every one around me was really excited.  I was really just enjoying watching those games with my Daddy.


This year I decided it would be fun to make a bracket and have a nice friendly competition with the husband.  Of course I had no idea what I was doing.  He told me to make my bracket at espn.com and we could create a group.  We extended the competition to the Weaver fam.  

There are five of us.  The hubs and I plus Uncle Kevin, Andrew's brother Chris, and two nephews - Cody and Pryce.

My goal?  I don't want to be last and I don't want the husband to win, which right now he totally is.

I don't know that I've watched a college basketball game all year until this week.  I didn't really have a method in picking my teams.  I just went with the team name I liked best.  :)  They say that people who don't know anything about basketball normally do pretty well with their brackets.

I was really hoping my ignorance would work in my favor.  

It's fun watching games with the husband, especially when we have picked different teams to win that particular game.  

Oh my!  The trash talking has been intense.  

And humorous.  Remember I know nothing about this.

A friend of mine and her husband helped their three young daughters fill out brackets.  They are having fun cheering and competing as a family.  

I now have a new tradition I want to do with my family.  

The hubs and I have different teams winning the championship.  I'm the only one of our five that has Kansas winning this thing.  

Go Jayhawks!!


No comments:

Post a Comment