Sunday, March 10, 2013

Reminiscing

Lately I've been watching a TV show from my teenage years on Netflix.  Something about this show makes me reminisce.   It stirs up memories that I haven't thought about in a long time.

Andrew and I have been married for nine years.  NINE YEARS!  I'm sure to some that doesn't seem like very long at all.  And I hope that it is just a small dent in a unimaginable number of years that God will allow us to spend together.  But when I think about certain memories, I know that it is because of God's grace we've come this far.

Our story?  It's one I cherish.  It is one that shows God's love for us and the power of forgiveness. What it's not is a pretty story without any blemishes.

Saturday night while we were on a little dinner & shopping date, Andrew and I talked about how crazy it was that it has already been nine years.  We actually met and started dating in 2001. Twelve years ago.  We were just babies.

Our years together have been filled with many unforgettable moments.  We laughed at how we have forgotten about some of our not so fine moments.  We remember the good memories.  Those are the ones we cherish.  Those are the ones that get us through when we have rough days.

We'll never forget the night we almost froze to death, our smoke alarm went off, and there was a giant bug in our bed.  Yes that was all in the same night.  We didn't get much sleep.

With only one week left in House A, I can't help but think about all the memories that have been made in this house.  It was the first house to purchase together.  This house has hosted many friends and family members over the past few years.  We've celebrated birthdays and holidays.  We've hosted Bible study and shared our lives with new friends.  We've changed jobs while in this house.  We've welcomed three crazy furbabies into our lives.

I'm sure I'll cry next Friday as we spend our last night in this house.  But I will also smile as I dare to imagine all the memories that will be made in our next home.




No comments:

Post a Comment