Sunday, November 16, 2008

An Awesome Worship Experience

Church was beyond amazing this morning. I could definitely feel God's presence in that building. We had 45 people this morning which makes singing to God even more awesome. I sit on the front row and it is so cool to here a crowd behind me singing.
Alex preached on how our God is mighty to save. And He is! Alex did a wonderful job. You could definitely see that he is a man that loves our Lord. We sang several good songs, but after the sermon we sang Mighty to Save by Hillsong and Wow! People were definitely praising God. I could barely sing because I was too busy grinning from ear to ear about how awesome it is that our God is mighty to save. For most of the song, I just stood there smiling with tears rolling down my cheeks. I just can't describe how awesome it was!! I'm including the words to Mighty to Save. Even you know the song, stop and read these lyrics and I mean really read them and think about what you are reading.

Everyone needs compassion
A love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
A kindness of a Savior
The hope of nations
Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is Mighty to save
He is Mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave
So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything i believe in
Now i surrender
Shine your light and let the whole world see
We're singing for the glory of the risen King...Jesus

3 comments:

  1. The only word that I could think of to describe how I felt after church this morning was FULL!!!

    This is one of my favorite songs and it was awesome to end the service praising God at the top of my lungs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both love "Mighty to Save." It has such powerful lyrics. I often wonder if people think about what they're singing - and if so, how could you not be moved when you worship with that song? Many times when we've used it during our family worship it has brought such encouragement and strength as we prepared to pray for God to move in China to bring our precious one home. Love to hear about God meeting with y'all on this Lord's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this song i always find myself singing it but that may just be becuz we sang it like every week at my old church. It was really awsome. Like told Russell I think for the 1st time in a while I got lost in praising God and did not worry about how bad someone might think I sing, and it felt good dont worry I to had some tears. I do alot tho I think thats why I love our church it seems I am moved to tears more weeks then not.

    ReplyDelete