Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Home in Bed

That's me today. I woke feeling quite icky so I'm staying home. I'm hoping this is just the 24 hour thing that is going around at our school. I hate being sick, especially when Drew has to go to work and can't stay home and take care of me.

I'm also just sad today. As all of you know yesterday was Election Day. It was my second time to vote in a presidential election. In '04 I voted for President Bush and he won. This year I voted for Senator McCain and he didn't win. I just felt so disappointed and scared. While Senator Obama was not my choice for our next president, I still want him to be safe. There are a lot of people in this country who dislike him so strongly they are plotting to end his life. I would never wish that on anyone. I pray that God will protect our new President. I also pray for all of those babies out there who haven't been born yet and probably not even conceived yet. I pray that God will protect their little lives as they are so special. Our President isn't going to fight to protect them, so we must do everything we can to convince the mothers of these babies that life is precious.

When Fox News flashed that he was our next president last night, I just cried. Like I said, I was so disappointed. I understand why some people feel don't vote, because they feel like their vote doesn't count. I don't think I could ever feel that way though. There is something about voting based on my faith and knowing I've done what I could do....

4 comments:

  1. It's a sad day in our house too....we are right with you on the innocent babies. We are praying too--for our new leader and ALL Americans.

    Sara

    Oh, and at least you can be proud that your state gave McCain their electoral votes.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl you aren't the only one feeling sad today... Where I live it seems everyone is on a rampage... I am speechless today... I will be in prayer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bookmarks - great idea! If you knwo who your guests will be, you could personalize them with their name and favorite colors.

    Check out this link for some cute bookmarks - since you are a teacher, you may really love these:

    http://projectcenter.creativememories.com/photos/back_to_school_project_id/bookmarks.html

    Also, just look around here for some inspiration: http://projectcenter.creativememories.com/

    To cover them, you can laminate them or you could spray them with the decopauge (sp??) craft spray. Laminating is usually easiest and you can get that done at Staples or Office Depot really inexpensively.

    Please post them when you finish - I would love to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bookmarks - great idea! If you knwo who your guests will be, you could personalize them with their name and favorite colors.

    Check out this link for some cute bookmarks - since you are a teacher, you may really love these:

    http://projectcenter.creativememories.com/photos/back_to_school_project_id/bookmarks.html

    Also, just look around here for some inspiration: http://projectcenter.creativememories.com/

    To cover them, you can laminate them or you could spray them with the decopauge (sp??) craft spray. Laminating is usually easiest and you can get that done at Staples or Office Depot really inexpensively.

    Please post them when you finish - I would love to see!

    ReplyDelete