Saturday, November 15, 2008

We pulled it off!

My first party that is. Andrew and I worked all day to finish the floor and get our house back to a presentable state. We managed to get it all done and even had a few minutes to spare. The house looks good or at least I think so. I love my hardwood floor. Actually I love my whole house when it is clean. Unfortunately I hate cleaning it. :)

Anyways. I ended up having eight people, which I was thrilled with. I know that I had a great time visiting with everyone and I hope they had a good time too. It is so nice to visit with teachers outside of school. I'm so glad they came. That really means a lot to me. I love getting to know them on a more personal level. I work with a lot of good Christian ladies.

I meant to take pictures of my yummy snacks, but completely forgot. Jill came a little early and made us some homemade hot chocolate. It was so yummy!!! Thank you Jill for the hot chocolate & other things you brought. You are a wonderful sister.

We had sugar cookies that my mom used to make all the time. They were so good. I haven't had those cookies in forever. I got burned out on them because we used to make them all the stinkin' time for me to take to school. My friends & teachers loved them.

I also made PB & Ritz crackers covered with white chocolate. Very rich, but very yummy.

Our non-sweets included mexican pinwheels, a cheese & cracker tray, and a veggie tray.

I must tell you though, that not everyone enjoyed the bookparty. Liberty & Liam were stuck in the bedroom all night. They sat @ the door & cried the entire time. We kept seeing little noses under the door. So sweet. :)

Okay - that's the story of the book party. If anyone wants to order some books still, you can do that online @ www.ubah.com/HOS127848 until the 20th.

I'm off to bed to get rested for church in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Great party! Your teacher friends were really nice...enjoyed meeting all of them.

    The hot cocoa recipe is definitely a keeper! Going to post that recipe soon.

    As for the food...I could have eaten the entire tray of celery and ranch dip as well as the cheese & crackers!! Great job on the snacks...loved it all!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels a little weird leaving a comment seeing that this is the first one I've left, but it shouldn't be that weird cause we are family afterall! Glad to here your party was a success - I ordered a couple of books around Mon./Tues.-and they were already on our doorstep Friday afternoon. I LOVE them - can't wait for God to bring Abigail to us so that I can read them to her! Thanks for sharing about your book party.
    Missy

    ReplyDelete