Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

For us, Thanksgiving starts on Wednesday night. We gather with Andrew's mom and dad and brothers and sisters. That makes quite a few people since Andrew is the youngest of six all of whom are married, most of whom have children. :) Let me just go ahead and tell you, there is no such thing as a quiet WEAVER!! I love them though. I couldn't have asked for a better family to marry into. Anyways. We had a wonderful meal with a smoked turkey and a fried turkey and all the sides. Both were quite yummy. After our meal, we all sit around in a big circle and share what we are thankful for. This year we wrote on cards and then let someone else read what we wrote. I must say that I am quite proud of us. We made it through this year with no major tears. :) Even Kandace shared what she was thankful for. LOL - see picture below. We also celebrated several birthdays Wednesday night. Jill had her tree up so it almost felt like Christmas. We celebrated Kasie, Kaitlyn, Joy, Alex, Jill, and Sara's birthday. The entire night, the boys (my husband & nephews) were debating on whether or not they were going to camp out at Best Buy this year. This a huge tradition for them. While I was really hoping they wouldn't and I would actually get my hubby on Thanksgiving, I knew they would end up camping out. When we left, they still hadn't made up their minds.

Me and my sweetie


Kandace sharing what she is thankful for...


Jackson REALLY wanted to play with Kandace


Jackson and Uncle Andrew


Jackson and Aunt E

Now for Thanksgiving Day... I planned to leave my house early so that I could make it to my Mommom's house in time to learn how to make dumplings. Andrew was not into getting up early so I took off without him, just me, Liberty, and Liam. Yes I'll admit I was a tad-bit upset that he wasn't going with me. I really got my hopes up. Once I got there and started visiting with my family, my disappointment went away. I was determinded to enjoy time with my family. So I learned to make dumplings -can't wait to try that out - and visited with my fam. It was my Momma's birthday Wednesday, so I got to celebrate another birthday. We were sitting around waiting on the last few family members to arrive when my Daddy announced that Andrew was there. At first I thought he was just kidding me. I got up and went to the door and there was my hubby. So then I thought. How sweet - he stopped by to say hi on his way to his Grandma's. But no, my sweet husband was there to have Thanksgiving with me!!!! I had tears in my eyes. I was so touched. My family live a couple of hours away, so it isn't like he just drove across town for me. :) He said this way he gets to sleep in and I don't have to leave early when he is ready to go camp out. How great is he!!! I had like 5 bowls of dumplings too. YUMMM!!!!! Love them! Here are a few pictures of Thanksgiving Day.


Liam got an Old Navy hoodie to wear for Thanksgiving.


Me & Brooke


Happy Birthday Momma!


Me and Lib driving to Mommom's


Me with Luke, Livvy, and Sawyer. They love taking silly pics.


Me and my little bro, Seth


Seth and his sweet gf, Ashlee


Liam learning the way to Mommom's



Me and My Momma


My hubby getting ready for his night @ Best Buy

This morning I woke up a 5:00 for my Black Friday shopping. This year I was on my own. I went to Wal-Mart first. I only lasted five minutes in there. Those people are crazy! :) I headed to Target. I got there about 15 minutes before they opened so I jumped in line. As we made our way in the store, I felt like I was part of a cult or that I had been brainwashed. We all just quietly shuffled the way they told us too. Anyways, I was in and out of there with my purchase in about 30 minutes. After Target, I was off to Mardel's. I got lots of good deals there. Then I decided to head home. I was home maybe an hour and I was beginning to get antsy. I didn't want to disturb Tyler and Andrew as they were recovering from their night at Best Buy. So I got back out and went back to Wal-Mart. Thankfully it had settled down at this point. I then went to the mall where parking was crazy!!! Not only is it Black Friday, but there is a Razorback game in LR today and those fans were parking @ the mall. Once I finally got a spot, I did very well. I got lots of Christmas bought.

Now, I'm sitting here blogging waiting on my hubby to recover so that we can begin putting up our Christmas Tree!

1 comment:

  1. The little Rat Terrier in 2006 is Cinderella. We had her for a couple of years and had to find a new home for her because she had severe allergies that required constant vet appointments and she even saw a dermatologist! We did not have the time to give her all of the attention she needed. It was so sad, but it really worked out better for everyone. I always miss her when I look at that christmas picture! She got loose at Olan Mills and ran through Kmart - scaring kids and women to death! Can you imagine chasing your dog through Kmart!!?? Ahh!

    ReplyDelete