Tuesday, June 30, 2009

2 Samuel 22:50 says...

For this, O Lord, I will praise you among the nations;I will sing praises to your name.


This is my verse today!!!! I have been praising God all day. I have been in tears all day... don't worry they have all been tears of joy.

Jill and Alex went for the BIG u/s this morning. She called to let me know that I will be gaining a niece in November. :) BIG GRINS!! I am thrilled. Because they are not putting this sweet little girl's name on their blog, I don't think I should be telling you either. So on my blog this beautiful princess will be fondly referred to by her Aunt E (That's me) as Niece A. And let me just tell you Niece A is already one very loved little girl. She has no idea how much God has already richly blessed her. Her mommy and daddy love her so very much and so does the rest of her family. Aunt E is ready to hold her and love on her and kiss her and buy her lots of cute stuff. Because you know... no one else is going to do this. HA!!

Thursday, we will know if Niece A is getting a boy cousin or a girl cousin. Uncle Andrew thinks a boy. Aunt E doesn't have a guess. Aunt E just has to figure out how to old two babies at once. :)


Today has been a very prayerful day for me today. I wish I could say that everyday was, but in all honesty it isn't. I just felt led to talk with God today while I was folding clothes. I prayed for quite some time. I asked God to provide for my parents financially. Like many people, they aren't doing so well right now. A couple hours later, my mom called to tell me that she got a check from her eye doctor. Apparently she paid more than she needed too. She also got paid to work until 3 but was able to leave at 2 today. I just laughed. I don't know why I'm still so amazed at how God works. He is good!!

And the big decision Andrew and I have been praying about... I think we have our answer. While it hasn't been the easiest decision to make, it has been easy. I know that doesn't really make since. It was easy because we know what God is calling us to do, but it means walking away from something great. I promise to explain soon. Right now Andrew still doesn't want me blogging about it. I'm very excited about what our future holds though. I think it is going to be good.

I went to buy groceries just a little while ago. I managed to literally walk my front door seconds before the rain started gushing down. :)

Today has been one of those days when I can't help but to praise my God. I've just been thanking him all day.

Hope your day is going as well as mine.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sweet words to our sweet baby girl!! :) She's going to love her Aunt E and Uncle Drew!

    If God is leading...there is no doubt it will be good. :)

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! WHat a great day you have had today! Thanks so much for sharing! Josh left for South America today and the first day he is gone is always sooo hard on me. just depressing! So glad to get online and read your post this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your prayers! He is gone for a week. This is actually a short trip - usually they are around 2 weeks. I have class 3 nights a week and have a really busy schedule at work this week, so I wont have too much alone time. Usually, after I get through the first couple of days, I am okay. The day that he leaves is the hardest. I am waiting on him to call me now as a matter of fact - We never know if he will have phone service when he travels internationally, so I don't know if I will hear from him or not; that is certainly the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. I am curious about the end but I will wait with abated breath. The comments about your parents not doing well financially-I know about that. When Ken and I took early retiremnt in 2003-we had planned and planned and thought everything is going to be ok and it is because God is going to provide for us but our poor stocks seems to be plummeting every day and we are definitely feeling it as everyone is. We are just looking to God and those blessings your Mom experienced we get those all the time. God is so awesome. I am not worried because I know he has great things in store. thank you for this post. Kathie

    ReplyDelete