Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer is here!!

Summer is definitely upon us. The heat reminds me of this every time I step out the door. I'm not complaining...I'd much rather be hot than cold. Thankfully I'm on summer break so I don't have to leave my house very often.

Remember the website I posted about called vistaprint? Well, I've received both of my orders from there and was absolutely thrilled with what I received. I was very much like a kid at Christmas. Pictures of all my goodies will be showing up soon. I promise.

I'm working on some tags for a take away for Journey's women only pool party. I will post pictures of those too. I'm very excited to do them. It has been way too long since I've done any kind of scrapbooking. My room is a complete disaster. I'm really hoping that it will be all cleaned up and contain a desk in the very near future.

I'm still working on things for school. I am getting very excited about August. I have found a ton of brilliant ideas that I can't wait to try out. I'm thinking about starting a teaching blog to reflect on all my ideas and how they work.

Andrew and I are still praying about that big decision. Please continue to pray that we are very clear on what God wants us to do. I will share more about this as soon as I can. I'm not sure how much Andrew wants me publishing on my blog and I respect that.

Because they haven't been mentioned in a post lately let me tell you what I've learned. Dogs can get sunburn. Yep... it's true. I googled it. Liberty and Liam came in the other day and Liam Bailey was just as pink as he could be. He faded quite a bit, but he remained pink. It made me wonder if he could get a sunburn. After all, he is white especially on his little tummy. And he can. So now I'm paranoid about leaving them out too long. When he lays down his tummy, the lightest spot on him, is always exposed.

As far as my summer to do list... I'm accomplishing some things on it, but I'm going to have to get busy if it is all going to be finished in the next month. That's right. June is pretty much over. That means my summer break is half way over. I can't believe it. It goes by so fast.

A few exciting things coming up:
*The pool part on Saturday
*I found out if I'm getting a niece or nephew on the 30th. (Jill & Alex)
*I found out if I'm getting a niece or nephew on the 2nd. (Cary and Sara)
*We go to evening services only at Journey on the 5th.
*Penny Sales at Staples and Office Depot (Load up on School Supplies)
*Travs Game and Fireworks on the 4th.

What are you looking forward to in the upcoming days?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for helping me with the pool party. I know what you come up with will be super cute!

    I'm looking forward to finding out if this baby is a he or she too!! :)

    I went on vistaprint and started designing some stuff...too much fun and I can totally see why you can spend hours on there. LOL

    See you tomorrow night!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having an exciting time this summer. We are getting ready for our granddaughter to come visit from Maryland for 1 month. Woo Hoo can't wait. She is 9. Also I have been doing some painting (bedroom and I removed all of the pop corn from our ceiling-what a job. My scraproom is in the basic. I use to be such a fanantic for scrapping and would always make time for it. Now I have to make myself sit down and scrap but I still do love it. Glad you decided to keep your blog going. God Bless, Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vistaprint! Glad you were able to take advantage of some of their freebies! Also, I cant wait to see the tags you are making ~ I am always looking for fun things to give away at retreats and different events.

    ReplyDelete