Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Mini Reunion

Today I was able to have lunch with two of my best friends from school, Mandy and Eric. Three of us went to school together K-12. They are like my brother and sister. I have seen Eric once since we graduate a long 8 years ago. Mandy and I still talk often but we're girls and there is always more talking to do. :)

We met at Coltons at 12:30. We ate and talked for several hours. We reminisced about elementary and high school and even college. We talked about where we are in our lives now and where we're headed. Basically we talked about EVERYTHING. We laughed a lot too.

It was so nice to have lunch with them. I think I had forgotten how much fun they. And Mandy and I... we truly are peas and carrots. Even though we live pretty different lives, they are so similar. I was amazed at how much we still have in common. She and I are both teachers so of course we have that. Eric works on cruise ships so his life is pretty exciting. He gets to travel all over the place.

Once we finally left Coltons, Eric left and Mandy and I stood in the parking lot still talking. The next thing we knew it was 5:30!! We decided we better get home to the husbands.


3 comments:

  1. FUN!! It's always fun to get together and catch up with old friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photo! It is nice that you were able to get together. time always flies when you are catching up with close buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times! It reminds of the saying, "Make new friends, but keep the old - one is silver and the other gold!"

    ReplyDelete