Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crammed Full!

This seems to be a pattern...

When summer gets here I immediately go into to gear for the next school year. Okay so I normally am in this gear before summer even gets here.

I spend my days researching all sorts of ideas online. Last year I had way too many ideas running around in my head. I never made the decisions I need to make. They remained ideas.

So this summer I have all of last year's ideas that were nerve used plus this years. I keep a notebook beside my bed for when I think of something. I'm until midnight or later every night, which is so unlike me. I'm normally in bed at 9, 10 at the latest.

I'm just constantly thinking about school and what I can do. I get so excited over the smallest thing. I'm sure I drive Andrew crazy because of course I must run all ideas by him.

Not only am I working on things for my classroom, but as student council sponsor I'm also working on that. I've signed up for the Juvenile Diabetes Walk in September. I am super excited about this. But it means designing yet another t-shirt. UGHHH!!

I have also discovered a new website that is fantastic. It is vistaprint.com When you create an account you start getting emails for free items. A small example, free business cards, magnets, sticky notes, note cards, invitations, brochures, t-shirts... the list goes on and on. I use them for school. I turned business cards into get out of a quiz card. I put my name and information on magnets to give to parents. It is amazing. And it is all free except s/h.


And then on top of all that... Andrew and I are praying about some major decisions. It is causing me to be very torn about some things. Sometimes it is hard being the wife. Andrew is the leader of our family and I totally respect that. I trust that he will follow God's prompting. But that means I sort of just sit back. I just constantly pray that God will give Andrew peace about what we should do.

So...even though I haven't physically done just a whole lot this summer it has been an exhausting summer. I don't know that my brain has shut off all summer. Even when I'm sleeping...I'm already having the back to school nightmares. You teachers know what I'm talking about... you are back at school and something goes wrong.

Okay back to designing business cards and notecards.

4 comments:

  1. That's wonderful to have a job that you are passionate about! You are wise to support and pray. I am praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Elaina, you are putting this teacher to shame! :) I told myself I wasn't really even going to think or do school things until at least August 1. Now you have me feeling all guilty. :)

    I am VERY impressed with your tenacity. It's admirable.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Vistaprint! I use them all the time for my Creative Memories business supplies. I have never paid for anything from them, except shipping! Love it! I cant imagine being this excited about my day job. I wish I were! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must wonderful having a job you so love. I know your students must love you lots. Its great you are so enthusiastic and have so much joy! Blessings! Kathie

    ReplyDelete