Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Schoolboy Again

Today my Daddy started classes at a local community college. He received a letter about a month ago from the company that he worked for stating that they would pay for two years of school. And by pay for, I mean any and everything Daddy could possibly need to go to school... books, calculators, or any other gadgets he may need.

After much thought and discussion, he decided he couldn't pass up this opportunity. I am so glad he taking advantage of such an awesome offer.

Anyways, his first class was at nine this morning. He had to go early to buy books and make sure he knew where his class was. He keeps saying he wishes I was there to help him out. Not sure why. Once he gets past algebra and comp one, his classes are about electrical maintenance and stuff that I know nothing about.

As I imagine any adult might be, Daddy has been a bit nervous about going back to school. I can't say that I understand that because I went to college right out of high school. But I know that it is a change for him and is going to require stepping out of his comfort zone.

I'm not worried about him at all. You see, I know that my Daddy can do anything. He's always been able to do everything and always will be able to. I am so incredibly proud of him for going back to school. I'm sitting waiting anxiously for him to finish his day so that I can call and hear all about it.


Daddy, I love you and am so very proud of you!! I know that you can do this and do it well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of him too! I would be very nervous, but I'm sure after the first day, his mind will be at ease. I'll be praying for him.

    ReplyDelete