Friday, June 19, 2009

The Lost Get Found

Ever since seeing her in concert at Winter Jam a couple of years ago, I've been a big fan of Britt Nicole. She is a young, spunky, female, Christian artist. I strongly recommend her to all teenage girls. She writes songs about real life things that girls go through such as parents divorcing, cutting, bad boyfriends. Every time I listen to her album, Say It, I can't help but to sing and dance and praise God. Of course most of the time I'm listening in my car. I'm sure I look crazy to people driving by. HA!

She has a new album called The Lost Get Found. The single is available on itunes but the album won't be released until August 11. I am so excited!! It is definitely on my birthday wish list. I have exhausted Say It. She has a video on her myspace telling the story behind the song "The Lost Get Found". Take a look!




As soon as she said she was scared to go talk to the woman at the checkout, the tears came. She is a performer and she is scared. I don't know why I'm surprised by this, but I am. This video really spoke to me. God has been dealing with me lately. I have not been right in my relationship with Him. Quiet time has been non existent for me lately. I have no excuse. I know that right now I really need to be spending time with Him and listening to Him. I need to be obeying him. My father-in-law says delayed obedience is disobedience. Well my obedience has been delayed long enough. I'm tired of being disobedient. It is affecting every part of my life and not in a good way. As Britt was saying, I want to be that light. How else will the lost get found? Cary has been saying that for several weeks now in his messages. How will the world know about the God I serve and love unless I tell them??

I challenge you tell the world around you and our awesome God. I challenge myself to do that. And if you have never listened to a Britt Nicole song, check her out. She is pretty awesome in my opinion!

3 comments:

  1. I have only heard a few of her songs, but really like them! I will def. check out her CD! Thanks for reminding me about a great artist!

    ReplyDelete