Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Big Decision Is Made

I must start this post by saying thank you. I have asked you all to pray about a big decision that Andrew and I have been facing.

We have both felt that God was calling us back to the county we live in. Andrew was offered a part time position at ISBC to help them with sound, lighting, video, their website... basically all things technical.

While we both strongly felt that ISBC is what God was telling us, we still struggled with the decision. We are human after all. Moving to ISBC means leaving Journey and that isn't something we are enjoying. Journey is our family in every sense of the word. God is doing amazing things there and we know he will continue to do so. We are going to miss Journey. We are so thankful that our family at Journey wishes us the best in what God has called us to.

This has been particulary hard for me. I am very excited about ISBC. I think God is going to do awesome things for us and through us there. But part of me feels that I need to stifle my excitement. I don't want anyone to take my excitement for ISBC as me loving Journey any less than I do. That isn't the case at all. But anyone who has ever obeyed God knows how exciting that is. And that is what we are doing... obey God. This has definitly been an emotional decision for me. But I have such peace about this move.

So there it is... my big secret. Thank you for your prayers and thank you for letting me share my excitement with you.

Love you all.

3 comments:

  1. Well like I said before...we will miss you. :) We will be praying for your ministry there and of course you are excited about it!! Nothing wrong with that. :)

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been curious if you were going to let the cat out of the bag. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with! Hope everything goes great!

    ReplyDelete