Monday, July 20, 2009

What I'm Reading...



This has been my nightly read lately... The Power of a Positive Wife by Karol Ladd. I recommend this book to any wife. I consider myself to be a pretty good wife. Not sure what I'm basing that on, and I could be way off, but who wants to think of themselves as a bad wife? Anyway... I bought this book several years ago after attending a conference session on this book. I have read bits and pieces of it over the past few years, but I'm just now reading the whole thing through.

Karol Ladd points out things that seem so simple, but I've never thought of them before. For example, how do you greet your husband when he comes home from work? I must admit that I have never put much though into my greetings. But it makes perfect since, especially this summer since I'm home all day. My husband still goes to work every day to provide for us. How great is he!

There is a chapter in the book devoted to respecting your husband even when they don't deserve. I almost skipped this chapter. I figured it wasn't for me. My husband deserves respect and I respect him. Something told me to read it though and I am so glad I did. The advice she gives to women who feel their husbands don't deserve respect is to respect them simply because they are God's creation. WOW! How have I never thought of my husband in that way before. He is God's beautiful creation. Because my husband is human, he is not perfect. Now when he is having an imperfect moment, I can choose to respect him because he belongs to our Heavenly Father.

I'm only halfway through the book, and God has already changed my perspective on how to be the wife I want to be. I want my legacy to be as a Godly wife. Both my God and my Husband deserve that from me.

5 comments:

  1. Amen! It's something we have to constantly work at - I've been at it for 40 years and I still haven't "arrived" - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good book.... I may need to pick it up sometime. :) By the way, I'm excited for your new adventure.... looking forward to hearing how things are going on that front.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book! "The Power Of A Praying Wife" is good too. Alex has shared with me a long time ago that it makes his day for me to meet him at the door with a hug and kiss, no matter what type of day he has had, that makes it better. Something so simple that I can do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great book! Have you read The Power of a Praying Wife? It is my all time favorite. It really taught me how to pray for Josh. Thanks for the book review - I am going to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I want my legacy to be as a Godly wife." Amen! Thanks for the great book recommendation. I'm always looking for good books.
    Denise Hughes :)

    ReplyDelete