Saturday, July 25, 2009

What Not To Wear with the BEST Husband!!!

I love TLC's What Not To Wear. I keep telling family and friends that I want to go on that show. I won't be offended at all if someone calls them up and says I dress poorly. :) Last night while reading The Power of a Positive Wife, I decided I was going to have my very own What Not To Wear experience. In case you were wondering, it was a chapter on inner beauty. She talked about wrapping a present and by doing a little to our outward appearance, it was like wrapping a present for our husband. She also reminded me that my body is not my own, it is a temple for God. Why wouldn't I want it to look as pretty as possible for my Heavenly Father?

Anyway, I didn't have anyone present me with a $5,000 card like on the show so I knew I had to be creative. I started with my hair. I went to Mastercuts in the mall. I know this mortifies some people, but I just didn't want to spend a ton of money for a haircut. I was feeling brave and didn't care who cut my hair. Well let me just tell you I love my $15 dollar hair cut. She pretty much just trimmed up the back. Andrew wasn't crazy about me cutting it too short. He likes it long so I just made a more dramatic look with the bangs.

Then I went into my favorite store... Forever 21. Jill, I love you for introducing me to this place. It is cute close at a reasonable price. I got both the necklace and the dress for under $20. I love it and think it will be just as cute this fall with my jean jacket.

Then I went to the Clinique counter in Dillards. I just told the woman... I don't wear makeup because I have no clue how. She did up my face teaching me as we went and I wound up buying $60 worth of their makeup. I didn't buy the eye makeup. I went to Wal-Mart afterwards to buy some eye makeup and brushes.

Then we came home and I straightened my hair because they didn't style it at the mall. I put on my dress and necklace and then just pranced around the house.

I love it!! I just want to cry because I'm so happy with all of it. I just hope that I can recreate it in the morning. While Laura was doing my makeup, Andrew asked if she was going to come to the house and do it for me every morning. LOL! I would really love that.

And yes, my sweet sweet husband tagged along for all of this. Who needs Clinton and Stacy's comical comments when you have Andrew along? He was so good walking all over the mall and waiting patiently why people were working on me. Thank you babe for this afternoon!!!

Whether I look any better or not, I don't know, but I sure feel better!!

The before shot...


And the after shot...

4 comments:

  1. I love it and I'm so glad you guys did this together...how neat!

    I keep saying I'm going to go in and have someone teach me how to put on makeup...hasn't happened yet. Someday!! :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!!! Your hair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. You look beautiful - but you always have to me. :) I'm glad Andrew went with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and what a wonderful husband to come along with you! You look great!!!

    ReplyDelete