Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back to School and Babies

It's official. Summer is over. It is back to work Wednesday. I have enjoyed my summer although I feel it has flown by entirely too fast. My to do list did not get much shorter but I am okay with that. I am still working in my room today which is unusual for me. It has caused me a bit of stress, but I am feeling much more prepared. When Andrew gets off work, we are going to go do a few last minute things in my room and then I will be all ready. He is going to be hanging a few things for me.

I went to a friend's baby shower yesterday. I honestly felt like I was the only person there not pregnant. Yes this an exaggeration, but honestly.... I know more people than I can count who are expecting a little one. It is hard to describe how I feel about this. I am so happy for all of these families. I don't want to be pregnant right now. Andrew and I are not ready. However, I feel left out. I guess I wish we were ready. I know... doesn't really make sense. I just don't know how to be a part of conversations about having babies, because I know nothing about being pregnant. Someday though...someday.

6 comments:

  1. Babies are great when you are ready! Matt and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary the end of July and Conner will be 1 in October. Just play with everyone elses babies and when you're ready you'll be a great Mommy! Being a Mommy is one of the greatest blessings from God. Maybe just maybe if you are feeling this way then it might be time to start thinking about babies----just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - I know exactly how you feel! "Everyone" I know is pregnant, just had a baby or is trying to have a baby! Ha! Josh and I are waiting several more years. When I come home from those baby showers I am always a little down bc I do want a family so bad. But I KNOW that it is not the time for us. Starting a family is not something to rush in to - and - we have so many more things to accomplish before we have kids to lug around everywhere we go. The freedom that we have now is so nice. Unlike all those friends that have babies, we can just pick up and go do something. We dont have to stress out about a sitter, packing, on and on! SO - I say enjoy being together because once you have kids, it will never be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chelsey!! It's good to know that there is someone else in the same boat. We still want to wait a two or three years before we begin trying, but at the same time I so look forward to having little ones. Right now I'm just trying to enjoy all my nieces and nephews and all the other babies I'm around. After all... I can send them home at the end of the day and get a full night's rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, my full nights sleep is about to go bye-bye. I think your feelings are totally normal. There are A LOT of pregnant people in our circle right now...it's insane! LOL

    Like Chelsey said, enjoy the time you have just the two of you, it will never be the same once kiddos are in the mix. I'm trying to get as much time in with my man as I can, before A gets here. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all.... your feelings totally make sense. I have had those exact feelings :) You know what is right for your family, but more importantly God knows and He is totally in control of your family and growing your family! And you can come play with my kids anytime!

    The wipee case was so easy. I don't sew (I take my sewing projects to my grandmother). I have some tweaking to do... that was the first one I had made and I need to make some more so that I can get "good" at it. And I'll make you anything I can!!! I love having a craft project to do. Just let me know!

    Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard someone say - "Feelings are never wrong." Unfortunately, feelings don't always make sense either! :)

    We can't help how we feel - only how we act upon those feelings.

    I guess my only "advice" (you know we moms just have to give some) would be - enjoy your together time, just the two of you, because when it's gone, it's gone, for a long long time.
    Try not to feel left out - just listen and store it all away like tidbits, to pull out when you are the one who is "preggers", as Jill likes to say. That day will come before you know it and we'll all be so excited for you!

    Love you,
    B

    ReplyDelete