Sunday, August 2, 2009

Our Weekend

The weekend started Friday with me sleeping in. I had to get up early every day last week so Friday was great. Of course, Friday morning the sun was shining brightly into our bedroom window. Every other day it was raining and still very dark in our room. Oh well.

When I finally got up and around, I headed to my classroom. It was the first time I have been in there since the last day of school. I needed to get all my furniture put back for Open House which is this Thursday. I managed to get the fish tank pushed across the hall to its new home and my desk moved into the hall. I'm getting rid of it. Scary, I know! Then I decided to open my new filing cabinet. I laid it down on the ground and was slowly sliding it out of the box when things went awry. I pulled on it wrong and pain immediately shot through my back and right leg. I must inform you that I injured it last Saturday while putting on pants. Don't know how it happened. Anyways, I stood there for several minutes because the slightest movement caused me pain. I managed to sit down on one of the tables so that I could call Andrew. I asked if he could help me move it one day this coming week because it had to be done. I crawled out to my car and came home. I laid in bed the rest of the night in great pain. Thankfully I had my sweet husband to take good care of me.

I spent Saturday pretty much the same way.. in bed. Andrew worked at the church all day. Saturday evening we went to a cookout with some new friends from church. It was a night of laughs and getting to know our new friends. Don't worry at this point my back was feeling better.

This morning was church and it was so good. Our pastor is doing a series on spiritual warfare. Today he shared that we must spend time in God's word and hide it in our hearts. It is the biggest weapon we have. This was also the lesson of my quiet time a few days ago. I was reminded of how Jesus resisted Satan's temptations. He disputed Satan's arguments with Scripture.

We are home resting now. Gearing up for another work week. The Weavers are all heading out on vacation today. We hope they have a great time. Maybe we will be able to join them for dinner one night this week.

So that was our weekend. Peaceful minus the back injury.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend (minus the back injury). I think you need to see the doc...just to make sure everything is okay. Especially before school starts.

    We just started a series on the same thing!! Started it last night...so good!

    I hope you guys can come have dinner one night! It was good seeing you last night...you looked so pretty in your new makeup and hairstyle. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete