Monday, August 31, 2009

Turtle Cake

Today one of the sweetest people I know made my day. This young lady is in the 8th grade and has the biggest heart. I have learned so much from her. I can't even begin to tell you what a special young lady she is.

Last year when she learned that I would not being teaching 8th grade this year, she cried for hours. :) It broke my heart, but also made me feel good. This year she is my aide for 2 class periods.

Today she walked into my room with a big white box. I knew immediately. Not only is this girl beautiful inside and out, but she is also very talented. She made me a birthday cake. Her cakes not only look good, but they are so delicious! Oh my goodness, they are good. I keep looking for an excuse to hire her. :)

Anyways, we have this running joke about turtles because she wore a shirt last year that had a turtle on it. I know that doesn't make sense. I don't really remember how the joke got started, but turtles are our thing. Thus, my turtle birthday cake. Isn't it cute!


4 comments:

  1. That cake looks amazing!! What a sweet student to be so thoughtful of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Elaina!

    The cakes is great....how thoughtful of that student...it shows what kind of teacher you are too that she cared enough to make it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete