Monday, August 24, 2009

What we are up to

Before this past weekend, I had was making plans for this big blog post about my weekend and how great it was. But, I ended up taking no pictures and being sick part of the weekend. So here it what we ended up with.

Friday night, Andrew was helping a friend put up sheet rock. I stayed home and watched movies on LMN. I started with The Ron Clark Story. As a teacher, I absolutely love this movie. It makes me cry every time I watch it. And I will admit, it always makes part of me wish I taught in a difficult school. However, God and I both know that I am not thick-skinned enough for this. But I also know that I don't have to teach in what most people consider a difficult school to make a difference. Watching this movie always gives me an extra boost to give it my all.

Saturday I met my Momma, Mommom, and cousin, Shawna, for shopping. I got some great deals. I bought over $100 worth of close at a store called 1/2 of 1/2. It is great! Pictures are to come. Two things I bought had to go home with my Mommom to be sewed up. Most of the clothes at this store are in great condition, but some things have a missing button or zipper or something. I also bought my first pair of Yellow Box Flip Flops. Jill, you should try these. They will be better for your foot pain than any other flip flop. They are honestly the most comfortable shoe I have ever owned. They are so soft. It is like walking on a cloud. Anyways, we had a yummy lunch, good shopping, and even better quality time.

Saturday night, Andrew and I went to celebrate his brother-in-law's birthdays. More good time with fam. I got to see my little J.L. I miss getting to see that boy every Sunday. I don't know how I'm going to make it when Miss A and Miss M get here in November. I may have to move in with Jill and Sara. HA! Wouldn't they love that! Maybe if I took my turn at getting up in the middle of the night?

Sunday I was looking forward to church. But I woke up Sunday morning not feeling so great. I stayed home, which I must say didn't set my day well.

This week is going to be a busy and lonely one. Tomorrow night, HGMS has our very first football game. I will be going to that to cheer my boys on. Wednesday, the husband leaves for business in Louisiana. He will be back last Saturday night for church on Sunday. However, he has to go back on Sunday and won't be home until Thursday. :(

Saturday I'm having a Southern Living Party to celebrate my upcoming birthday. I am very excited about this. I think it is going to be a blast and hopefully I will have lots of pictures of the fun to share with you.


I'm thinking a giveaway might be coming you way in the next few weeks, so stay tuned for that!

Here's to a great week. Love you guys!

4 comments:

  1. I have a pair of yellow box that I've never worn...I need to pull them out and try them. Anything is better than sneakers in the summer! :)

    We'll both be hubless next week...BOO!!

    Looking forward to the par-tay!

    Oh, and you're welcome to spend the night and get up with A (anytime!) HA!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks loike everyone's hubby is out of town! Josh in in Sweden until Saturday. Wish we lived close - we could have a girl's night in! Jammies and LMN! Ha! At least we have our furbabies to keep us company! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there's a way to buy something from your party online be sure to let me know - I'd love to take a look at all the goodies!
    Hope you're feeling better and praying for a week of blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy is good - huh. See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete