Monday, August 10, 2009

It's been awhile...

I realized today that it has been over a week since my last post. I've been very busy and just don't feel like anything new has been happening. School starts next Wednesday. YIKES!! Where did the summer go? Who came and took it? I honestly can't believe I have a little over a week before I'm back into teaching every day. People keep asking me if I'm ready. Well, I guess the answer to that question depends on what you mean by ready. I am always excited to be back in the classroom and meet my new students. I love the first day of school. I always have. However, if you were to see my classroom, you would know that in that area I am definitely not ready. I worked for several hours today and feel like little was accomplished. I have so much to do that it is hard to know where to begin. Hopefully I will make some major headway tomorrow.

Andrew and I are also busy getting involved at our new church home. He has been working quite a bit. He has been very good though at making sure I'm okay with him being there. He knows I worry that this new project will overtake his time. It is just who he is. He absolutely loves what he is doing at ISBC and he gets very caught up in it. I am just glad he is enjoying it and is excited about. My husband definitely has a gift for all that technical stuff. :) I went to Sunday School for the first time yesterday. I knew I wanted to get involved in one soon, but I wasn't sure where to go. I wanted to be in a married class seeing as how I'm married and all, but I knew I would be going alone. Drew is doing sound check during Sunday School Hour. I asked a new friend from church and decided to join her for a married class. I really enjoyed it and am glad I went. Even though I was the only person in the room without my spouse, I didn't feel out of place. That is how I know this is where God wants us. I feel so completely comfortable and at home at ISBC. I feel like I've been there for years.

I'm loving the month of August because I am getting lots of time with my Momma and other family members. She and my Daddy were here Saturday. We drove to Hot Springs to hit a few antique shops. My Daddy loves going in them and hunting for electric trains. Mom and I just walk and talk. She and my Mommom are coming down again on the 22nd for some shopping. Then on the 29th I'm having a Southern Living at Home party to celebrate my birthday and they will be back again.

I love spending time with my Momma. It was very hard on me when Andrew and I first got married. I would sit on the bed and just cry. I would tell Andrew that I wanted to go home. He had to remind me on several occasions that my home was in LR with him now. And it is home now. But I still talk to my Momma almost every day either by email or on the phone.

Anyways...the whole makeup thing is still going well. It is still hard to believe that I have become a makeup wearing girl. :) I like it though. It makes me feel better about how I look when I leave the house in the morning.

So that's it. Nothing too new or exciting, but it's life and it is good so I can't complain.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe school is about to start! Happy to hear you guys are loving ISBC and that you have found a SS class to join!

    There's nothing like time with our Mommas...I definitely 2nd that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are loving your new church. Good luck getting ready for school to start! And congrats on the makeup! haha!

    ReplyDelete