Sunday, May 23, 2010

Family Weekend

I have had the best weekend! It has been packed full of family & fun!

Friday as soon as I left work, I did some last minute birthday shopping and then came home and packed. I headed the two hours north to my grandmother's house for a celebration of birthdays.

We celebrated Sawyer turning 3!



Livvy celebrated her 8th birthday!


And my Mommom celebrated 71 years!


It was such a nice night. I have the best cousins. We talked and laughed for our hours. My cousin, Tyler, is finishing up his junior year of high school. His school is getting a new greenhouse next year. With this new greenhouse comes new classes such as Turf Grass Management! Doesn't that sound like the class every high school student is looking to take?

Andrew was not able to go with me. He had to work until almost ten o'clock Friday night doing inventory. I don't think it went very well, so he was not happy about it. Things are kind of up in the air for him at work right now. His company was recently bought and so there are changes being talked about. Nothing too bad, it just makes it hard for us to make any plans at all. I'm scared to death that they are going to call and require him to travel out of state to help open a new branch the week of my surgery. I'm trying to tell myself it will be okay if he has to be gone. I know he will be here if it is at all possible for him to be. Just praying he doesn't have to be on a business trip that day.

Anyways... since he wasn't with me I decided to spend the night with my Momma & Daddy. I didn't want to drive home that late. I was sleepy and I have a headlight out right now.

Saturday morning I woke up and decided to drive to Blanchard Springs to spend the day with my brother and cousin. They were camping for the weekend. I hadn't been to Blanchard since I was in high school. When I was little, we camped there a lot! That was also the place for field trips when I was in elementary school. One year we would go to the caves and the next year we would go to the Ozark Folk Center.

The drive from my parent's house to Blanchard was absolutely beautiful! I couldn't help but praise God for his creation.




Seth and Joseph didn't know I was coming so it was a bit of a surprise to them. I think they were happy to see me. I had the best time hanging out with them. I definitely caught camping fever. I am hoping Drew and I will be able to take the nephews up there for a weekend before my surgery. Just look at the pictures. You'll see what I'm talking about.












Today we got up and to church at Geyer Springs. They have been without a preacher for quite some time now. Jeff Williams from Florida preached this morning. They were going to vote on making him their pastor tonight. Andrew and I really enjoyed hearing him this morning. He reminded us about what the cross really means to us. He reminded us that the lost people around us should matter to us because they matter to God.

After church, I took a nap. Yesterday's adventures wore me out. This afternoon Andrew and I went driving around looking at land. On the way home we stopped in North Little Rock, grabbed some lunch at ate at beside the river. It was beautiful! Great way to end the weekend.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment