Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lately

Life has been very busy lately. It always gets like this in May. The school year is coming to an end and it seems like we try to cram so much into the last month of school. On top of that is all that is going on at home with the husband and me and our family.

Here's what we've been up to lately.


**Saturday.... We drove two hours to northeast AR for my cousin's wedding. It was a very small country wedding. Anthony, my cousin, is one of those people that is hard for me to picture married, but now he is. He and his bride, Susan, both seemed to be very happy Saturday. I'm thankful they have each other.

**Sunday..... Church in the morning. Great as always. I love hearing my brother-in-law Gerry preach. The past few weeks I think God has given Gerry information about my thoughts. I have felt like he was speaking directly to me in his message. God has really been showing me some things about the sins that are in my life. It is very exciting.
After church, the husband and I went bath towel shopping. We bought these cream colored towels at Kohls. I absolutely love them. Since Sunday, I've wanted to take several baths a day just so I could use these new soft towels. HA!
Sunday afternoon my brother called with a little surprise. He was coming to spend the night. The husband and I spent the rest of the evening cleaning our house. It was AWFUL!! The brother wouldn't have cared, but we finally had an excuse to clean. I can love my home again.

**Monday.... We had people from the state department at school for our audit. I woke up a nervous wreck. At one point, I started feeling sick to my stomach, so I asked Andrew to stop for a moment and pray with me. I am so thankful to have a husband who will do that for me. As soon as Andrew prayed for me and the other teachers at my school, I felt much better. I continued to pray all the way to school. They never came into my room, only peaked in. We passed the audit with flying colors. Every school they have been to this year has been written up for something. Every school but us. We were in compliance with everything. We all clapped and cheered at lunch when we got the news. I think all of us teachers felt a huge relief. Monday was a stressful day though and felt like it should have been our entire week. I can't believe it is only Wednesday.

**Tuesday and Wednesday... Yesterday, students voted for new student council members for next year. This is my least favorite part of sponsoring student council. In 7th grade, there were 21 names on the ballot. There were only 7 slots. I knew some students were going to be upset. Today I posted the results and there were students who were upset. I think some of the ones that were in it before felt they were a shoe in. That was not the case. I only have 3 returning members. The others are all new. I'm looking forward to giving a whole new group of kids the opportunity to be on student council, but I hate that some are upset. I'm glad the students vote and I can honestly say I had nothing to do with it.

1 comment:

  1. So little time, sooo much to do! I feel like I'm cramming in a lot too at school. 20 more days for us!

    ReplyDelete