Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

It has been a wonderful weekend. Three days off is always a good thing in my book.

I need to take a minute and give a shout out to all the men and women who have served our wonderful country and to those who are currently serving. I think too often these people go without the appreciation they deserve. They put themselves in harms way so that people like me can live in a free country, so that I can worship the God I love openly whenever and where ever. I also want to say thank you to the families of those serving. Those families make such a huge sacrifice.

This seems to be the weekend where people feel the need to be on the lake or in the pool. The husband and I did neither of those things this weekend, yet it was still a great weekend.

Friday night was spent at home just resting from the crazy week we have had.

Saturday we lazed around the house doing a bit of cleaning here and there, but nothing too strenuous. Saturday evening the husband went to Riverfest. Riverfest is a local outdoor festival held every year during Memorial Day weekend. It is always filled with outdoor concerts. I've been a couple of times, but it really isn't my thing. Normally I send the husband and stay home. This was the case Saturday night. While the hubs was out watching The Black Crowes, I stayed home and watched The Time Traveler's Wife.

Not sure how I felt about this movie. It was good, but a little weird. I definitely did not prefer the ironic ending. Have you seen it? What did you think?


Sunday we slept in and then got up and had a late lunch. We decided to join Journey Church for their Memorial Day potluck. It was nice to see our old church family. I enjoyed visiting with people I don't get to see enough of.

Our nephew wasn't able to go back to Riverfest Sunday night so I decided to be a good wife and go with the husband. I don't know why. He would have been perfectly fine going alone. It wouldn't have been a first for him. But, I just wanted to spend time with the husband so off we went.

Steve Miller Band was on the agenda for the night. I know who Steve Miller is,but I don't know just a ton of songs by them. We got there a little more than hour before they were supposed to play so we were just standing in the crowd listening to the opening act.

You all know how I feel about crowds. I HATE THEM!! Riverfest crowds are the worst because people tend to do a lot of drinking and smoking... both legal and illegal things. My husband does a wonderful job of keeping people off me, but it is still very crowded. I made it through the opening act okay because people were pretty calm considering the situation. But they started getting a little crazy when they put a curtain and started setting up for Steve Miller. I lost it. I started crying. It was just way too crowded. It got better once Steve Miller started playing.

I guess I enjoyed it okay.... I just hate Riverfest. I don't know why I do that to myself. But I did get to spend time with the husband. And even though he would have been happy to go alone, I like to think he was glad I went with him.





Today the husband packed his bags and headed to Texas. He isn't sure how long he will be there, but he'll be there at least a week.


After he left I decided to paint our guest bathroom. It is something I've been wanting to do it for awhile. It isn't quite finished. I still need to do some touch up work on the paint but here are a few pictures to give you an idea.

BEFORE: It was just your typical beige color.




AFTER: Though I couldn't get a good shot...





I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I'm also proud of myself for painting all by myself. It was a first. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment