Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Planning



For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11



I'm a planner by nature. I absolutely love buying a new calendar/planner each year and filling it up with events. As a teacher my calendar revolves around the school year. I buy my new calendar in June instead of January. I'm the person who likes to browse the aisle with planners at Wal-Mart. Dork! I know!!

Some of my fellow teachers think I'm crazy because I'm already writing lesson plans for next year. I've already done my science lesson plans through the end of September. It's just what I do! Part of this planning comes from the fact that I love looking for new ideas.

My planning obsession has calmed down some since I married the husband, who is the youngest of six. I'm not sure if it is because he is the youngest or because he has several siblings, but sometimes we don't get told about events until thirty minutes before they are happening.

I remember the first Christmas we were married... oh the memories of that Christmas. A Saturday or two before Christmas, I was getting ready to go to work. I was working at Sonic at the time. The husband was just bumming around the apartment. It was your typical Saturday. My mother-in-law calls and asked the husband where we are... if we are on our way. He was like.... On our way where? We were supposed to be in Cave City, almost three hours away, in like an hour. We had know idea!!! We missed the extended Weaver Christmas that year.

Andrew can be a planner at times too. We plan to plan to have our babies be due in April so that I can just take the rest of the school year off. Yes, we are planning to plan. :)

No matter how much I plan or try to plan my life out, sometimes God has a different plan. My life today at 26 is nothing like I planned it would be. It's better. God is a far better planner than I am.

My entire life I planned to be a teacher. We all know that was a plan God agreed with. However, I always planned to teach English or History. Those were the two subjects I felt I was good at and I enjoyed. This is not the plan God has in mind. I will be teaching Math and Science next year... the two subjects I DID NOT want to teach. Sometimes I think all my planning makes God laugh. I'm sure he chuckled a few times in my planning to teach English and History. But like I said, God is a far better planner than I am. I LOVE teaching Science. It has become my comfort zone. It's so much fun. And as scared as I am, something tells me I will enjoy teaching math as well.

God has plans for us. They are plans for good, not bad.

There are a lot of things in the husband and my lives right now that are up in the air. I look forward to seeing God's plan in these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment