Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer Summer!!

One Week!  One week of my Summer Vacay has already gone by.  Time really does fly when you are having fun.  And it's been fun.

We started the summer of with a little Riverfest.  This is an annual event that happens in Little Rock.  Outdoor concerts and fun down on the Arkansas River.  I normally send Andrew by himself as I hate Riverfest.  I suffer from crowdaphobia and there are definitely crowds there.  I prefer concerts where everyone has their assigned seat. 

But Boyz II Men was playing this year and I wanted to see them so I gave it another try.  Oh MY!  How fun!  Andrew and I stepped back in time a decade.  They were a hoot with all their dancing. 

We went back Saturday night to see Lynyrd Skynyrd.  This was not so much fun. HA!  Not my type of crowd if you know what I mean.  I've never seen so many rebel flag du-rags in all my life!!  I will say that was probably the one and only time you'll have that many Hog fans cheering for Alabama.

Somehow we managed to make time for some pool action Saturday before Riverfest.  Andrew swam and I laid out with a book.  Aww!  The sweet life!

Monday we drove up to Andrew's Uncle Kevin's lake house for a day on the water.  it was a fun and relaxing day with family, friends, and good food.




It's not very often I make something I'm willing to share, but I found these ideas on pinterest.  They were easy and festive so I had to give them a try.  I even ate one of the strawberries!! 

Today I had the pleasure of keeping Miss Sydney while Jill and Amelia had a fun day at the zoo. 

Sweet girl was happy to be hanging out with her Aunt E.  Melt my heart!!


Even with all the fun, I've managed to get quite a bit accomplished for school.  I'm at a stand still with that now until I go to a few workshops over the next couple of weeks and get some answers.

Happy Summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment