Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fore!

I've always enjoyed tagging along when Andrew plays golf as long as I have a good book in hand.  Riding around in the cart can be relaxing.  For the past several years Andrew has been trying to convince me to let him buy me clubs and teach me to play.

We went to the driving range on Mother's Day and I actually listened to the tips Andrew was giving me.  Lo and behold the ball actually left the ground.  It was kind of fun.  

He ordered me clubs and they arrived last Thursday.

We went shopping on his lunch break and bought me all the necessities - aka cute clothes. :)  Once he was off work we were all set for the driving range.  I'd say it went pretty well for my first lesson.

Of course it doesn't hurt that my coach is good looking.


The next day we went to Hurricane Golf Club where are members.  It was around 7:30 when we went and since they had a tournament that day, they were out of range balls.  Translation - I was about to play on an actual golf course for the first time.  I tried to tell the husband I wasn't ready, but he said I'd be fine so off we went.  I did not throw my first golf club after only two holes.  It can be a very frustrating game.  I had fun though and managed to hit a couple of good shots.



I love how happy it makes the husband that I'm playing.  Just a warning, if you talk to him, he will bring up the fact that he has a wife who is playing golf now. :)  I love it!  It's nice to have something we can enjoy together.

Monday night I had my third practice, my first bad practice.  It was one of those days where I was being extremely sensitive and everything was making me cry.  Not to mention it is 100 degrees outside.  I was getting very upset and there were a few tears.  I was thankful the husband was my coach.  I'm sure anyone else would have thought I was a crazy person and quit then and there.

The husband has been very sweet and patient with me.  He is an excellent coach.  The LPGA is playing in a town a couple of hours away this weekend.  He wants to take me.  Ya'll my husband has never watched ladies golf!  Ever!  But he wants us to go  this weekend.  :)  Maybe I'll learn a thing or two.

2 comments:

  1. This is the coolest thing girly!
    We totally need to be neighbors - my husband LOVES golf..like, obsessed. NONE of our friends are golf people! This is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete