Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I Am Not Alone

Today has been a roller coaster of a day.  I woke up early this morning and got started on my to-do list.  I put a couple of things off until this morning because I was completely worn out last night after Zumba.  It was the second night in a row I had gone.  Woo!  I can feel it in my calves.

For whatever reason I decided to curl my hair this morning.  I never do this.  Two reasons.  1.  It takes FOREVER   2. I'm not sure I like it.

I was in the bathroom curling my hair and jamming to some TobyMac.  I love starting my day with my TobyMac Pandora station.  I was singing and dancing and acting a fool.  

It was a sweet reminder that I can worship my Lord anywhere anytime.  I am so thankful for that truth.  I don't have to go to a certain place to spend time with my Father.  He's with me always all places.  

That's when Satan started attacking.  It was like time sped up and all of a sudden I was running late.  Very late.  I was trying to get everything together for my first Thirty-One party. I was nervous.  Not really nervous about doing the party, but nervous that I would forget something important.  I wanted to make sure I had everything and I was prepared.

While quickly gathering up papers, I sliced my finger open on a sheet of labels.  It HURT so bad.  Worst paper cut of my life!

On top of that I had taken my weddings rings off while I was making dessert.  In my panicky running late search, I couldn't find them this morning.  I was almost in tears about it.  I felt naked without them all day.

I found them when I got home.  Of course they were right there in the open.  I was just all panicky this morning.

Then this morning I was sitting at my desk calling out definitions for vocabulary Bingo in Science.  I started getting all teary eyed just thinking about how blessed I really am.  

It ended up being a great day.  But man was Satan trying to attack this morning.  After work I was talking to a friend of mine who was also feeling attacked.  

Knowing that someone is walking through the same thing or something similar helps me feel better.  It is nice to know that we are not alone.

I hate how I too often feel like I can't share my hurts and struggles with others because they may think less of me.  That is just silly.

Thankful that God has not given up on me.  He is still teaching me and growing me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment