Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One Memorable Party

Last night I had my first solo - in home Thirty-One Party.  Though I was pretty  nervous, I was looking forward to it.  This party consisted of mostly friends and family which was nice.  If I'm going to fall flat on my face I prefer to do it in the loving arms of these ladies.

The party did not go as well as I had planned....On My Part.  There were things I wanted to share and do that I forgot.  I said things that I later realized I shouldn't have said.  They sounded completely ridiculous.  But it was my first party.  I just left myself room to grow.

Despite all that, I think it went pretty well.  

It was a party I will never forget.  We live in Arkansas.  You know -  where it can be fifty degrees one day and seventy the next.  That pretty much means bad weather.  

Last night was just that - Bad Weather!  Tornado watches and a few warnings.  In the middle of the party while they ladies were all shopping the tornado sirens went off.

The hostess is one of those people who is terrified of tornadoes.  Nothing wrong with that.  I'm just not that person.  

She immediately grabbed her baby girl and headed to the closet.  We all followed.  We grabbed up our catalogs and order forms and split up into the closet and the bathroom where we continued to shop.

The bad weather passed, we finished our shopping, and had a great time laughing and visiting together.


One thing is for sure.  I don't think I'll forget my first solo party any time soon.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you did a great job! I can't wait for the next party!

    ReplyDelete