Friday, January 4, 2013

It's A Plan!

With the new year comes talk of resolutions.  People want to get organized.  That includes me!  I am such a planner.  I like to make a To Do list every day and write every little thing down that I  need to accomplish.  

I'm the kind of person who will write "brush teeth" on my To Do list just so I have something to mark off the list.  I write things down I've already accomplished just to see them checked off my list.

It seems lately that everyone is talking about their new cute personalized planner.

Obviously I needed a new planner in my life.  I am such a planner geek.  I absolutely love a new clean planner and writing down all the important dates and events of life.

I'm such a planner geek that as soon as I write in my new planner, I want to go buy a new planner because mine isn't clean and new anymore.   

I may need counseling.

I have heard tons of good reviews for the Erin Condren planners.  I've checked them out, but my budget doesn't allow me to spend that on a planner.

People have talked about Paper Coterie.  I LOVE these!  I designed one online.  The only reason I didn't order one is because I'm too impatient to wait on it to come in.  I think this will be the way I go next year though.

I've spent a good part of this week talking planners with Miranda.   This did nothing except increase my desire for a planner NOW.

I have been at House B all week which means the only place to shop is Wal-Mart.  I looked at planners earlier this week and saw one I kind of liked, but I didn't buy it.  I got impatient and went back for it yesterday and of course they were sold out.

Miranda told me about a planner by Greenroom at Target.  I looked them up online and they were super cute.  As soon as I got back to House A today I headed to Target.

Oh my goodness!  They had so many cute planners.  I almost walked out of there with ten different planners because I couldn't choose.

I was torn between the Greenroom brand and one by Heather Bailey.  

I finally decided to go with Greenroom simply because they had a hardback option.  I carry my planner in my purse and I liked the sturdiness of the hardback.  Other than that the two were very similar.  

Here is the one I finally chose.  


There were lots of cute designs, but I liked the simplicity of this one.

There is a month view with a week by week view behind each month.  


I can't figure out how to get the picture to turn the right way.  Sorry about that.

Anyway.  I like being able to look at a whole month, but for my actual planning I want a week by week glance.  It's not quite as overwhelming that way.  

I think I'm really going to like this planner.  It doesn't have cute pictures of my family like those personalized ones, but is functional all the same.  And cheaper!

You can see that I also like to use different colors of ink.  They don't mean anything.  I just like color!

I like the tabs in the Greenroom planner.  They are just an extension of the paper rather than a separate plastic tab.  Does that make sense?  I don't want the tabs to be obtrusive.

My only complaint is that the week view doesn't start with Sunday.  Doesn't anyone who designs planners know that Sunday is the first day of the week?  They start the week with Sunday on the monthly view, but not the weekly view.  Drives me insane.  I have looked at what feels like a hundred different planners this week and none of them start with Sunday on the weekly view.  

A little thing?  Maybe.  But it drives me crazy.  I finally gave up and allowed my week to start with Monday.

What is your favorite planner?

1 comment: