Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Books

I keep a board in my classroom to let students know what I'm reading.  In December of last year, a student asked me how many books I had read since school started.  I had no idea, so I decided I would keep a list of the books I read in 2012.  I also decided to set myself a goal of reading 52 books in a year.  I had no idea how hard or easy this goal would be.  I ended up reading 65 books and I'm almost finished with #66.


Here they are - all the books I read in 2012.  The ones with * are the ones I would highly recommend.


1. Black Sands by Colleen Coble*
2. Dangerous Depths by Colleen Coble*
3. Midnight Sea by Colleen Coble*
4. Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry & Ridley
5. Return to Me by Robin Lee Hatcher
6. Flies on the Butter by Denise Hildreth
7. Ever Prseent Danger by Kathy Herman*
8. Never Look Back by Kathy Herman*
9. The Grand Scheme by Kathy Herman*
10. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
11. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
12. The Death Cure by James Dashner* (Best book of the series)
13. Going Home by Wanda E. Brunstetter *
14. On Her Own by Wanda E. Brunstetter*
15. Dear to Me by Wanda E. Brunstetter
16. Allison's Journey by Wanda E. Brunstetter*
17. 10 Days - Abraham Lincoln by David Colbert
18. Leaving by Karen Kingsbury*
19. Learning by Karen Kingsbury*
20. Longing by Karen Kingsbury*
21. Loving by Karen Kingsbury*

----Learned that I would be teaching English next year and started reading young adult novels.

22. Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith*
23. Call it Courage by Armstrong Sperry
23.  Among the Hidden by Margaret peterson Haddix*
24. Guts by Gary Paulsen*
25. A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park*
26. Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi*
27. Letters From A Nut by Ted L. Nancy*
28. Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli*
29. The Devil's Arithmetic by Jane Yolen*
30. Girls, Drums, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick*
31. Ties That Bind, Ties That Break by Lensey Namioka*
32.  Woodsong by Gary Paulsen
33. Chicken Soup for the Teacher's Soul by Jack Canfield
34. The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller*(for teachers)
35. Starters by Lissa Price*
36.Notes From the Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick*
37. If You're Not Here, Please Raise Your Hand by Kalli Dakos*
38. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls*
39. Falling Up by Shel Silversteen
40. Ever After Ever by Jordan Sonnenblick*
41. Tangerine by Edward Bloor
42. Coming Home by Karen Kingsbury*
43. The Giver by Lois Lowry*
44. Counting on Grace by Elizabeth Winthrop*
45. In a Heartbeat by Loretta Ellsworth
46. Eggs by Jerry Spinelli
47. Evidence of Mercy by Terri Blackstock*
48. Justifiable Means by Terri Blackstock*
49. Ulterior Motives by Terri Blackstock*
50. Presumption of Guilt by Terri Blackstock*
51. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling*
52. A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
53. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling*
54. Loser by Jerry Spinelli
55. Curveball: The Year I Lost by Grip by Jordan Sonnenblick*
56. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling*
57. On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer
58. Copper Sun by Sharon Draper*
59. The Beginning by Karen Kingsbury*
60. The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury*
61. Best Friend, Worst Enemy by Beverly Lewis
62. Fire From the Rock by Sharon Draper*
63. Lincoln's Last Days by Bill O'Reilly*
64. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling*
65. Zen and the Art of Faking It by Jordan Sonnenblick.

No comments:

Post a Comment