Friday, December 19, 2014

DIY Personalized Glitter Ornaments

The steps to make these ornaments are all over Pinterest, but I though I would share anyway.  They are so easy to make.


Start with clear ornaments.  I bought mine at Hobby Lobby.



You will also need some Glitter It Glue and extra fine glitter.  I also bought these at Hobby Lobby.



Remove all the "tops" from you ornaments.  Pour glue into an ornament using a funnel.  Swish the glue around covering the inside completely.  Pour the excess glue into a disposable cup so that it can be used for the next ornament.

Next, pour the glitter in using a different funnel.  Swish it around until you are happy with the coverage.  Pour the excess glitter into a cup to be used again.

Repeat until all your ornaments are no longer clear, but are beautiful glittery ornaments.



It doesn't take long at all for them to dry and then you can put the "tops" back on.

I purchased a roll of vinyl at Hobby Lobby so I could personalize these ornaments.



I used my Inspiration, similar to a cricut, to cut out names for each ornament.

I have to say I LOVE how these turned out.  I gave each of my students one and they just loved getting their own personalized ornament.



I had a few ornaments left over so I might have to make an ornament for each of my nieces and nephews.  

1 comment: