Sunday, December 7, 2014

Our Weekend

I've always wanted to go see Trans Siberian Orchestra.  I've heard it was amazing and the band geek in me just knew I was missing out on something.  I was more than a little excited when Andrew told me he bought us tickets several months ago.  I have been looking forward to it for months.

The day finally came yesterday.  We went to the afternoon show and just made a day out of it.  We had the best day talking about our adoption and dreaming about how many kids God has waiting for us.


Andrew and I have been to a lot of concerts and yesterday was the first time we've ever seen such technical difficulties.  After the first little intro they stopped the show and left us sitting in the dark for a few minutes while they worked on their screens.  They were sending the wrong picture to the wrong screen.  It was pretty comical.

There were more problems toward the end of the show when a light caught on fire and a fire extinguisher had to brought out.

TSO has some very talented musicians but Andrew and I are not going to be those people who go see them every year.

Let's just say it didn't make our TOP TEN list of concerts.

After the show we headed to the mall for a little shopping.  


How festive is this red jacket?



Today we started getting our Christmas decorations out.  I had planned to decorate last week but I spent four days sick so it didn't happen.

I made some Christmas cookies I found on Pinterest.  They were a complete fail.  My pans are old and have seen much better days so I'm going to blame it on that.  The cookies weren't stuck when I first pulled them out of the oven, but by the time I added the kiss to the top they had all cemented themselves to the cookie sheet.   

So I did the only reasonable thing.  I threw away two cookie sheets with cookies still attached, snapped a picture of the five cookies that were made on a different cookie sheet, and posted said picture to social media making me look like a holiday Martha Stewart.


Only two more weeks until Christmas break.

This teacher is ready.

3 comments:

  1. We aren't TSO fans either.

    Those 5 cookies look delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all look so pretty, but bummer it wasn't the best concert :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so gorgeous girl! Love you in red! And in my book, you are a Martha Stewart for trying :) xo

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete