Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fall Boredom

I have been meaning to post about how I love the fact that fall is approaching. It makes me ready for sweaters, football, and leaves falling. It also has me ready for Christmas. The other night I went out in the rain and for whatever reason the rain @ night made me ready for the holidays. If you want to know how I feel, read Jill's blog. She blogged all my feelings about fall for me. Thanks sister! :)

However, this weather also brings on another feeling for me. Boredom/Creativity. This weather makes me want to be crafty. Crazy I know. It's driving me insane right now. I have at least 6 scrapbooks that I would like to be working on right now, but my scrapbook room is torn apart and sitting in the garage. Hopefully that will won't be the case for very much longer. As soon as Cary, my b-i-l gets back from vacationing I'm going to try to put him & Drew to work. :) For today I will settle for scrapbooking @ the kitchen table. This weather makes me want to be creative with food as well as papers, but unfortunately I'm not so talented in the cooking department. Andrew says it is because I'm so picky - I don't know what food is supposed to taste like and I just don't enjoy doing it.

I've also been dreaming about ways to decorate my house so that is that fall/holiday feeling. Kudos to Jill & Joy my 2 s-i-l's. Their homes always have that feeling. I wish I knew how they did it. I'm sure helps that they are both much better housekeepers than I will ever be. I also blame it on my furniture. They both have darker furniture that goes with anything. I have blue leather. Don't get me wrong. I love my furniture, but it has more of a summer feeling and less of a fall feeling. I find it very difficult to make blue leather match fall. Maybe I can talk Andrew into buying furniture for each season. HA!

2 comments:

  1. Buying furniture for each season makes total sense in my head! Your tree was awesome last year...just keep adding little touches around your home and it will feel just as cozy. You are a wonderful decorator as well!!

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaina,

    Thanks for leaving a message on my blog. I am so glad that you did! I read some entries on yours and it sounds like we have a lot in common. I plan on reading more.

    Madeline would love your dogs! :)

    I hope your school year is going well! I'll be checking in on you. :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete