Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A request for a miracle

My heart and mind has had one big focus today. All babies are miracles from God regardless of how they arrive in this world. Something that I will never understand is why it can be so easy for some women to have babies when they don't even want to be a mother while women who desperately want to be a mom can't just become a mom. My beautiful sister Jill is one of the latter. She and her hubby Alex are two wonderful people. I can't put into words how much I love the two of them so I won't even try -I'll just say that I love them. They have been trying to have a baby for quite some time, but for reasons that only our God knows, they haven't been successful in this journey. Tomorrow they will try again. She is going to the doctor for a transfer tomorrow. I'm praying so hard that these little babies will love their new home want to stay for the next nine months. Jill and Alex would make such wonderful parents. I love to watch them play with their nieces and nephews, but it breaks my heart. I have watched God work one BIG miracle in their life already and I know that he can and will work another one for them. We don't know how or when, but He will.

If you don't mind, please take a moment out of your day to pray for Jill and Alex tomorrow and for their little babies.

I'm looking forward to helping in such a small way Thursday night. After tomorrow she will be on bed rest for a couple of days and work is taking our hubbies out of town. I have the pleasure of taking dinner to Jill and anything else she needs.

Now one last thing - I asked you to pray for them so now it is my turn to do what I asked of you.


Dear Lord,I just come to you tonight with a heavy heart. I lift Jill and Alex and their babies up to you. I just pray that you would take care of each one of them. I pray that you would open Jill's womb and make those babies comfy in their new home. I pray they will love it so much and want to stay for nine more months. Lord, I don't know why you haven't blessed Jill and Alex with children yet, but I believe that someday you will. Until then I pray that you would continue to give them peace on their journey. I pray that they would continue to lean on you for strength. Your word says to lean on you and not our own understanding. I know that they are doing that on a daily basis. Continue to be with them on their journey and I pray that this journey would continue to draw both of them closer to each other as husband and wife and closer to you. Lord, thank you for the miracles you have already worked in their lifes and thank you for the miracles you are going to continue working in their lives. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.



5 comments:

  1. I honestly have prayed for them every night since the day i found out about this whole thing. I just really hope this is the one. I to can see what gr8 parents they will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting here with tears streaming down my face. We are blessed beyond belief to have such a loving, supportive family.

    I love you and I thank God for giving you to my brother. You're a wonderful sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for Jill and Alex. I have had a few friends that had to do IVF and it has worked.....one friend has triplets! I prayed for them and it worked. I will pray for Jill and Alex tonight and tomorrow. I'll send positive thoughts and ju-ju their way too.

    Please keep us updated!

    Bless you for being a supportive sister as well. :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a sweet sister. I will pray for Jill and Alex.

    Thanks for the comment on my Christmas page. We do a photo card every year too. I created a Christmas album that I add to each year. It is fun to take it to the different gatherings because everyone changes so much through the years, especially if you have young children in your family.

    Let us know what happens with your brother and sister in law. I will be praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking of and praying for Jill and Alex. I hope the transfer went okay and I hope there is happy news in two weeks. Just wanted you and them to know that there is still some ju-ju coming from Wisconsin!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete