Monday, May 4, 2009

All the Happenings Lately

I feel like I have more going on right now than I could possibly tell you.

But I'm going to take advantage of my blog readers and let it all out.

Let me back all the way up to Friday. Andrew's oldest sister, Jayna, graduated with her associates degree and a gpa of 3.75. I admire her so much. She started the process as a wife and a mother of two. She took her ACT again and scored high enough for a scholarship. Then she found out she was expecting baby #3.

I really think this would have been enough to cause many people to call it quits. But not Jayna. She took type to have her precious Joylyn and then went to work on her degree.

I know that her entire family was incredibly proud of her.

Saturday I drove to Alicia, Arkansas. My younger cousin is getting married on the 16th and we had her shower this past Saturday. The day was a rough one. I woke up late and it was raining outside.

No it wasn't raining it was coming a flood!! It poured the two hours I was driving. I was scared to drive because my vision was very blurred due to the rain. In fact for the first part of the trip I didn't get over 60 on the interstate.

Once I was there the rain had let up and it was only sprinkling. I enjoyed the shower. Shawna got lots of goodies. I was able to spend quite a bit of time with my Momma, Mommom, and older cousin Gin. I miss getting to see them on a regular basis.

This month will be different because I will be up there for the next two weekends, possibly three.

While all of this was going on I was trying to make a very big decision. I was offered a change at school on Thursday. As it stood I was going to be teaching 7th grade science and world history next year. But on Thursday I was asked if I would like to move down and teach 6th grade.

I toyed with the idea. I had people pulling on both sides for different reasons.

This made it harder because I am definitely a people pleaser. I do not like to upset anyone.

I thought that I wanted to stay with 7th grade but I just kept questioning myself.

Friday at lunch my principal told me something that helped assure my decision. In a year or two there is a big possibility I will be able to have 8th grade American History. This is what I really want to teach.

So... today I told them I wanted to stay. I'm good with this decision. I have peace about it.

I'm so excited about teaching the history. I already have lots of ideas and am planning like crazy.

Now we are up to today. Other than making my decision final, I also played in a faculty vs students kickball game.

I was a little nervous at first. You can't mess up (like falling on your face) in front of middle schoolers and live it down quickly. Thankfully I didn't fall.

But we lost.

We lost bad.

Even with our "help"!!

But it was fun. I think I will definitely sign up to play again next year.


And last but not least. I just wanted to say thanks to Kathie for those great tips. Everyone needs to check out my comments on the post about tips on Fridays. Kathie added a couple of great tips, one of which includes a website.


Hope you all have a marvelous Monday!

1 comment:

  1. a lot going on! glad that you are comfortable with your decision and that you were able to do what you really wanted. good luck planning your history class!!

    ReplyDelete