Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Incredibly Blessed

I am so excited to share the details of my weekend with you. This weekend wasn't really out of the ordinary other than we had an extra day off, yet it was one of the best weekends I've ever had.

Friday night, Andrew and Tyler went to Riverfest, a local series of outdoor concerts and fun. I don't do Riverfest. Way too crowded for my taste. So I send the boys and I stay home. While they were out singing along with Willie Nelson, I caught up on some much needed Z's here at home. It was really nice. :)

Saturday morning we definitely slept in. I woke up around 9, did a little shopping, grabbed some much loved Dairy Queen and then came back home. Andrew and I hung out for a little while and then he and Tyler headed back to Riverfest. I went to do a little more shopping. I had to find a gift for my secret pal. We are revealing ourselves this week. I'm super excited to find out who all my wonderful little gifts have been from.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. When I got back from shopping I took a short nap before heading to my little cousin's softball game. She did great! They won big time although I don't remember the exact score. I was glad that I was able to watch her in action.

Sunday morning we slept in as late as possible without being late for church. I really enjoyed church Sunday morning. We have been studying the book of Colossians. The more we study the more I'm loving this book of the Bible.

After church the three of us came home. That's right. I said three. We brought our niece, Kandace, home with us for the afternoon. It was an interesting adventure. She is such a good baby!! She and I hung out while Uncle Andrew tried to take a nap. I sat Kandace on the bed with him while I went to use the restroom. Kandace would start to cry and Andrew would look over at her. Kandace would just laugh at him. He rolled back over, she cried. He rolled over to look her and she giggled. It was as if she knew she was disturbing his Sunday nap. They made up later. She sat on the couch and listened to Uncle Andrew play guitar and sing. Actually she sang along with him. It was so sweet.




Once we had Kandace safely returned to her parents, it was nap time for Aunt E. I didn't get much of one with her. We were too busy playing and having fun. Andrew left to go hang out with a friend. I slept until 9:30 when Andrew called to awaken me by leaving some crazy screaming message on the answering machine. This is what he does when I don't answer my cell. He was going out to eat with those friends. So I woke up, got dressed, and off to IHOP we went. It was so yummy. I enjoyed the 2x2x2, two eggs, two pancakes, and two pieces of bacon.

Monday morning. Awww!!! It was so nice to sleep in and not go to work. We slept until 11ish when we had to get up and get ready to head to Jill's for lunch. Alex grilled some yummy pork and chicken. We hung out over there for a couple of hours and then came back home for a nap. I'm beginning to think all the naps is what made this such a great weekend. :)

Up from our nap around 6, we went o Ashley's Furniture to look around. We don't really need anything, we just like to look from time to time. We did find a dresser that we really liked. I want a buffet type piece of furniture for my living room. This dresser would work perfectly.

Groceries came next. While in Wal-Mart we ran into the Billsons. Tyler ended up coming to our house to help Drew clean out the back bedroom. Then they went to Tyler's house to put together a basketball goal.

While Drew was there, I watched the season premier of Jon and Kate + 8. When this show was over I just cried and prayed until I fell asleep. There has been a lot of hype about Jon and Kate, both good and bad. They are the talk of the tabloids right now. Whether you are a fan of them or not, the Gosselin family is in need of our prayers right now. It is very clear that Satan has a foothold on their marriage. You could clearly see the brokenness that is in their marriage right now. They both seemed very hurt. I cried for their marriage and I prayed for their marriage. I prayed for all marriages that are struggling. Then I cried tears of thankfulness for my own marriage. I prayed that Andrew and I would never exclude God from our marriage.

Unfortunately too many people don't realize that a marriage should be between three people, not two. When you start to exclude God from the marriage, you are inviting trouble into the marriage. God deserves to be the center of our marriage. If we want to have a good marriage, we will invite him in daily. Watching Jon and Kate struggle last night has just made me all the more thankful for my marriage and what it is. My heart just broke for Jon and Kate and for their kids. Take a moment to thank God for your marriage and to pray for all the marriages that are struggling. Without God, I don't know how they will survive and sadly many of them don't realize that God is what is missing.


So there it is. Like I said, not really out of the ordinary but extraordinary.

6 comments:

  1. Good post - I love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking - I bet Andrew reminded Kandace of Chris, you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about Jon and Kate. I cried all the way through it and Josh and I were just so depressed afterwards. It is so sad to literally watch a family fall apart. Why are they still on TV? I think this has gone way too far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Momma Weaver - Kandace definitely likes her Uncle Andrew. Never thought about him reminding of her of her daddy, but I bet you are right.

    Chelsley - I agree. I think they need to pull the plug on their tv show and work on their marriage. I felt depressed too after watching it. Andrew came hom to watch it and I asked him not too, just didn't want to hear it all again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post-so true about marraige. I don't watch Jon and Kate on a regular basis but I think that maybe doing such a show and having so many kids-they seem to be in such a rut not enough together time. If it were me I would let the show go. Money just isn't everything. They need a major life makeover. Kandace is a doll. Blessings to you! Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this post? :) The Jon & Kate premiere made me cry, as well. I've been praying for them since they first started showing up in tabloids and even more since seeing the show. Jon seemed so disconnected from everyone. Been there, done that. Not going to end well if something doesn't change in both of them. You are spot on about a marriage being between 3 people.

    ReplyDelete